Fontana, Ca Police Air-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Just A Quick Question, I've Been On The Website Searching For Fontana Police And I Found All That And It's Great, But What About The Fontana Air Ship? Air-1 I See King-40 But Is That Just For The S.b.c.s. Air Unit? If You Know There Mot. Code Or There Trunking #? Thanx In Advanced For Any Help. Btw I'm Using The Pro-97 And It's Great Once You Get It Programmed Right

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I have not lived there for a few years but I can tell you that 40King covers the area that you are talking about they are the Sheriff's dept. but 40King covers the whole area from San Bernardino PD to the So from Redlands,Highlands,Devore out to Ontario.

Gbcue

Ch1ronTL34 said:
What's with all the capital letters?
It's the forums built in software that reduces a message posted in all caps.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Ch1ronTL34 said:
What's with all the capital letters?

<rant>
It's the new way of writing. You capitalize everything except what needs to be (like S.B.C.O).

At least he uses punctuation. Better than dow35, who doesn't use any caps or punctuation.

Can we hear a roaring round of applause for our education system?

I know English is an ever evolving language, anyone doubting that just try to Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales" in the 'old English' he used. But those who don't know the difference between the adverb "there", the adjective "their", and the conjunction "they're" sometimes drive me up the wall.

I'll take the instructions for a cheap Chinese appliance thank you. At least their writers there have an excuse. They're using English as a second language.

But then I write for a living, so I'm a bit whatever by these styles. Glad I don't teach, English or anything that would require a written paper. I'd fail them on their grammar right there on the spot.
</rant>

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
It would be SBSO, San Bernardino sheriff office at lest it was 15 years ago when l lived there.

Last edited:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Fontana's Air-1 is a contractor owned ship, similar to what Redlands, and I think San Bernardino PD is using. If you've found Fontana's talk groups on the Valley system, you don't need specific radio id's to listen to them.

crackscan31

I believe the callsign for Fontana's helicopter is Air 44. I think Air 1 is San Bernardino PD's helicopter, who like 40-King, assists other cities. I might have them reversed.
Redlands airplane is owned by the department. The pilots are volunteers. The observers are officers, corporals and sergeants. For more info on the Redlands airplane (callsign "Air10"), here is the department's website: http://www.ci.redlands.ca.us/police/air_support_unit.htm

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I could well have mixed up Redlands with one of the other small PD's there. There is a company that operates several Robinson R44's for two or more local PD's out of Rialto airport. I know Fontana is one, I thought Redlands was another, perhaps it's Rialto. This is in addition to SBSO's 40King flying out of Rialto. The pilots are contract pilots, I believe the observer is supplied by the PD's.

Thanx to everyone who responed to this. Sorry for all the CAPS. Must of had CAPS lock on and did not even notice. I know Fotana has it's own helicopter robinson R-44. I've been on Fontana PD website and they have a clear pic of it Also anyone seen the red R-44 that has POLICE written on the side of flying around the I.E.?

zz0468

QRT
Banned
CrAzYwHiTeBoY909 said:
Thanx to everyone who responed to this. Sorry for all the CAPS. Must of had CAPS lock on and did not even notice. I know Fotana has it's own helicopter robinson R-44. I've been on Fontana PD website and they have a clear pic of it Also anyone seen the red R-44 that has POLICE written on the side of flying around the I.E.?

Yep. Both of those are run by the same contract operator out or Rialto. Not sure if it's Western Helicopters or not, but both the red and white R44's are actually owned by the same contractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.