Football Coach's Headset Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangenut

High School & College monitoring

I'm very new to scanning and don't know squat about it. I want to monitor the coach's conversations. Nothing nefarious, just interested.
I have a Radio Shack Pro-97 scanner and am having a hard time learning how to use it.
I live in a small town in Oklahoma and love going to the local high school football games. I also sometime attend Oklahoma State Univerity games.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Don_Burke

I was at a high school football game the other night and found the two sides using adjacent GMRS/FRS channels, 462.6125 and 462.6375.

I would thing those eXRS radios would be a much better choice.

adamnfd202

Premium Subscriber
A lot of Div 1 College football teams use CoachComm Tempest FX sets, with a Verizon, ATT, What ever wireless sponsors the team. They are in the 2.4Ghz band with multiple bases for full duplex

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
NFL headsets

Last I knew the headsets were in the UHF band up around 462 MHz and they were suppose to be encrypted. Never was able to confirm that.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
They currently use custom built Mototrbo with advanced privacy keys for the coach to helmet comms in the NFL. They are UHF and use the same/similar freqs as the old analog and DES protected helmet comm systems. I found the freqs via FCC and took a scanner to a game. Then recorded some audio and tried to demodulate it later via DSD.Seems low power.....TT

ecps92

DES ?? The analog was basically the Transcrypt rolling code inversion (aka Donald Duck)

They currently use custom built Mototrbo with advanced privacy keys for the coach to helmet comms in the NFL. They are UHF and use the same/similar freqs as the old analog and DES protected helmet comm systems. I found the freqs via FCC and took a scanner to a game. Then recorded some audio and tried to demodulate it later via DSD.Seems low power.....TT

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I could only imagine their definitely using DES or AES single key encryption. Their radios have to be at least 1 watt ( more like 4 watts) of power though. Especially inside a dome style stadium. All the metal would absorb a lot of the RF energy and even with digital transmissions would either have some static to them or wouldn't go more then 100 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.