Football Hall of Fame freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

Does anyone have frequencies that are confirmed in use at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton? I plan to take my son (and scanner) to the upcoming events there.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
The most used ones will be the HOF talkgroups on the Canton/Stark 800 Mhz. digital trunked system. However, 155.52 PL 114.8 was active with PD traffic the last few years at the Jackson-Belden Food fest and Baloon classic. Also, monitor the Jackson Twp FD fireground channels at this event. All these frequencies can be found on the RR database.

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
FCC lists 463.400 as Jackson Schools, but I've always found it to be busy during
any Jackson community-type function, BOE-related or not. PL 151.4

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
KSU Stark on 154.98 PL 114.8 is sometimes more active than usual during the balloon classic since it hosts the event. And the OSP D3 'Events' TGID 16784 has had more traffic than I've heard before trying to handle the BV rush-hour traffic. Sometimes humorous :)

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
Stark County Sheriff TGID has been often heard on TG 19312 with EMS comms
at the Balloon Classic. Maybe I should turn off the computer, take the 15 min drive
to KSU and enjoy the events :lol:

xusmarine1979

wabc770 said:
Stark County Sheriff TGID has been often heard on TG 19312 with EMS comms
at the Balloon Classic. Maybe I should turn off the computer, take the 15 min drive
to KSU and enjoy the events :lol:

What should I label that TG with? Have any of you guys been listening to the new TG's?

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
xusmarine1979 said:
What should I label that TG with? Have any of you guys been listening to the new TG's?
Most of the references were to Plain Twp, but I can't confirm if it's just their id or one devoted to special events or something like that.

I've been listening here but still don't know for sure who's who. :confused:

xusmarine1979

I just put it under EMS, that's what I've pretty much been hearing. Now since this system is a SmartZone system, wouldn't it be showing up on Canton's site as well? I'm only seeing it on Stark's site.

rreed4

Premium Subscriber
Along the lines of the Canton/Stark County System, I too want to monitor HOF operations but I am not sure if I have the systems programmed properly. I have them programmed as 2 seperate systems. They are programmed as control channel only. Am I correct in doing that? Didn't know if the systems were linked in some way. It seems that I am missing some traffic.

I am using a 396 from North Canton. I hear the Akron TRS much better than Canton/Stark. MARCS works well too.

Also, it was interesting to monitor the hot air balloons on FMRS when they were in flight.

wc8i

Premium Subscriber
I no for a fact they use frequencies in the 460 or so band for some of the hall of fame communications, they have there repeaters on top of mercy hospital, and I had them at one time, Ill check and see if I still have them. If so ill post them for you guys, but as said most interesting is on the 800mhz band. Bill

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
The HOF itself is licensed to at least 3 frequencies --

Not sure how active they are tho.

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
...and one more frequency to check out...

464.550 DCS 152

Not sure who the exact user is, but it was very active during the Balloon Classic,
and it's going strong at the Ribs Burnoff too. Being used to coordinate goings-on,
handle crowds and traffic and so forth.

16b

Premium Subscriber
I was up in that area on Saturday/Sunday last. I heard the chatter on 464.550/DPL152 as mentioned above. It is a repeater, and I could hear it in North Canton. I don't have any better ideas about what it is being used for, though. Being on 464.550 would mean it is probably a temporary repeater, possibly rental.

During the balloon thingy I heard all sorts of balloon chatter on GMRS, FRS, and VHF/UHF business band. Pretty neat to listen to. One dude sounded like he was going to have a heart attack getting himself so worked up about finding something on the map.

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
16b said:
I was up in that area on Saturday/Sunday last. I heard the chatter on 464.550/DPL152 as mentioned above. It is a repeater, and I could hear it in North Canton. I don't have any better ideas about what it is being used for, though. Being on 464.550 would mean it is probably a temporary repeater, possibly rental.
Ya, it's that 'yellow dot' frequency, so ya never know what'll show up there...after
the HOF it may go pretty much silent for another 11 months!

16b said:
During the balloon thingy I heard all sorts of balloon chatter on GMRS, FRS, and VHF/UHF business band. Pretty neat to listen to. One dude sounded like he was going to have a heart attack getting himself so worked up about finding something on the map.
Good listening, no doubt!! I had the GMRS/FRS running on one scanner, and put 151-154 into a search on another and let 'er run wild. The county was running amok with balloonists and chase teams!

xusmarine1979

rreed4 said:
Along the lines of the Canton/Stark County System, I too want to monitor HOF operations but I am not sure if I have the systems programmed properly. I have them programmed as 2 seperate systems. They are programmed as control channel only. Am I correct in doing that? Didn't know if the systems were linked in some way. It seems that I am missing some traffic.

I am using a 396 from North Canton. I hear the Akron TRS much better than Canton/Stark. MARCS works well too.

Also, it was interesting to monitor the hot air balloons on FMRS when they were in flight.

I have the same problem. Not really sure why it does it. That's why I can't wait for the reband, hopefully it will help clear it up.

capt2194

Talk Group Id's
Here are the TG's that I have Id's for

19248 Fire Dept. East
19280 Fire Dept. Central
19312 Fire Dept. West
19376 Fire water shutlle operations (Tankers)
16368 Countywide
19600 Fire Dept. common
19536 Jackson Fire 1
19568 Jackson Fire 2
19664 Plain Fire
19632 Plain Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.