Foothills AFRRCS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smason

Hi all. I have recently started listening to some Foothills TGs on AFRRCS, (Southland Plaza site.)
I'm hearing Fire calls on FFD paging 132 for Turner Valley, Heritage Pointe, Black Diamond, High River, but I haven't heard anything for Okotoks.
Would they not be on the same TG? Just heard a call for Black Diamond to respond with Okotoks fire, but didn't hear anything specific for Okotoks.
Thanks.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I thought I'd heard pages for Okotoks in the past, but maybe it's in conjunction with another station. Come to think of it, I don't think I've heard them during nightly pager tests either.

They may be on Disp 1 or whatever channel Okotoks responds on.

Microscan

Okotoks Fire is toned out on TG 132 (Foothills Fire Paging). They generally move to TG 128 (Foothills Disp 1) from there. I do hear them on evening tests off the Aldersyde tower (the one that isn't in Aldersyde).

Come to think of it, I have heard them toned out on TG 128 as well at times.

smason

Thanks. I would assume that if I'm hearing other tone-outs on 132 on the Southland site, that I would hear Okotoks as long as someone is affiliated on Southland, which I imagine is true, if I'm hearing it.....
Don't think I can reliably hear Aldersyde (not Aldersyde) from here.

Microscan

Thanks. I would assume that if I'm hearing other tone-outs on 132 on the Southland site, that I would hear Okotoks as long as someone is affiliated on Southland, which I imagine is true, if I'm hearing it.....
Don't think I can reliably hear Aldersyde (not Aldersyde) from here.

If the wind is favourable I can occasionally hear Southland but not reliably ;). Foothils Country Fire dispatch is centralized. When I hear Mutual Aid Ops these days the ability of different FD's to communicate is much, much better than in the old days of the patchwork of VHF systems.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Speaking as a user of the system, it really has made a significant difference in interoperability and shared communications.

In my area, there are very few agencies without at least a presence on the system if not having migrated over. On occasion I hear (of) groups that are using things like the Common Event Talkgroups, much more often and with many more agencies than we do locally here. Notwithstanding, the one or two areas where there's weak coverage, it's only made things better all around.

Microscan

I'll watch the TG's over the course of next week and see what I hear.

It seems that Okotoks uses Disp 1 for calls, High River Disp 2, Heritage Pointe and Priddis Disp 3, Black Diamond/Turner Valley and Spruce Meadows Disp 4. That list is just preliminary not exhaustive.

Lately I've heard Okotoks being toned out on Disp 1 only. That may change for calls out of the town proper like a multi-Dept call for an MVC on Hwy 2 or similar.

Microscan

I heard pager tests for Okotoks tonight for the first time in several days. Nothing for any of the rural or other town stations. They were paged on TG's 132 and 128.
I wonder if daily tests may be a thing of the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.