• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

For all of you football fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_M

I just sold my Motorcycle about 2 months ago. It hadn't been ridin in two years and was sitting in my garage. This was my second motorcycle and I had been riding for 15 years. I have had 4 incidents:

1. Driving home from work going about 20mph the person in front of me decides to slam on his breaks. I end up at the side of the curb with just minor hand abrasions.

2. Was down in Allegheny State Park, a deer slammed into the side of me. I was doing probably 30mph. Didn't knock me off the bike but killed the deer.

3. Was driving about 30mph on wet pavement. The pavement had dry tar from workers
trying to fill in all the cracks in the road and it was wet. I breaked using my front break mostly and the front end slid out from under me because of the wet tar. I was stunned at first because it took about .01 seconds for me to hit the road. After about 15 minutes I picked the bike up and continue home. A little shaken up but again just hand abrasions.

4. Back down in Allegheny State Park. Took a right turn too fast and ended up in the woods. Basically I was enjoying the scenery and wasn't paying atention, glad I didn't hit a tree. I was able to get the bike back on the road with the help of a passer byer and continue home.

Moral of the story. Roethlisberger is a fool for not wearing a helmet. (A full faced helmet, not one of those bowl helmets with a strap that I see some people wear. They aren't going to help you in an accident.) In three of my little incidences my helmet saved the side of my head and face from bouncing off the pavement. I spent close to $600 on two Shoei full faced helmets because I like my head the way it is. You may go down but your head will be in one piece. Not so with one of those bowl helmets, pretty useless if you go down.

With over 50,000 miles of riding under my belt I can give a few pointers to motorcyclists.

1. Don't ride at night.
2. Don't ride in a big city or where there is lots of traffic.
3. Don't ride in the rain.
4. Have good tires with good tread on them.
5. Wear a full faced helmet.

rayveedub

its terrible what happened to him, he should've wore a helmet, but i think he will have a full recovery. but there is a silver lining to this cloud....im a ravens fan ;-). but anyways i wish him a speedy full recovery, he is a awesome QB.

smokeyspapa

For football fans

Makes you wonder, why do states that have helmut laws, repeal them and states that don't have them, why don't they get them? Hmm

safetyobc

Here is what the bike looked like http://www.marinij.com/raiders/ci_3930818

You know, I think he is an idiot! I like the Steelers and him as a QB, but if you are being paid making millions to do a job, why be an idiot and take such risks with your body. Even if you aren't being paid and ride without a helmet, I think it is dumb. I work with a guy that refuses to wear a helmet. He said if they make it law again (it was repealed several years back) he would sell his motorcycle and not ride, just because a helmet is required.

If they require a seatbelt in an automobile, then a helmet should be required on a bike.

Some of the reports say he underwent 7 hours of surgery and lost most of his teeth.

I hope he has a full recovery. The bad thing is his coach and others like Terry Bradshaw had been preaching to him about wearing a helmet for months now. Bradshaw was even quoted as telling him to ride it after he retires.

Towpro

Hell, the damage is done, enuff about the helmet issues, as a fellow m/c rider I hope he has a full recovery.... :)

And this is coming from a Redskin's fan.....lol

John_M

A letter sent by the Steelers last year to Roethlisberger's agent put the player on notice that the team considered riding a motorcycle as a dangerous activity that might affect his contract if he were injured doing so.

http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=FBN-BEN-NOLICENSE-06-14-06

I have heard from a reliable Pittsburg source that if he doesn't wear a helmet he will go to another team.

He says he will wear a helmet.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/06/15/bc.fbn.roethlisbergerac.ap/?cnn=yes

Status
Not open for further replies.