For Any WinRadio G-31 Excalibur User Re Advanced Memory XRS Plug In

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have a WinRadio G-31 Excalibur. Running W10.

Have the latest version of the "Advanced Memory" XRS Plug-In, version 1.87.

Tried installing it just about every Folder that has any
WinRadio items.

Just cannot get it to show in the Plugins pull-down
in the actual program when running.

No problem in having the Advanced Search, Band Search, or Wavebase 3 Plug Insshowing in this pull down under Plugins/General Purpose

Any thoughts as to what I am missing, as usual ?

Thanks, stay well,
Bob

majoco

Stirrer
Hi Bob,
I see that the Advanced Memory Plugin is dated 2008 - I wonder if there is something in it that just won't do something that was designed a lot later - including the software. Personally I've found most of those XRS plugins that I've tried a bit lacking - I tend to have JB's Station List running alongside the Winradio GUI - it connects to the Win software with an adapted version of SpecLab so you can control the radio from the list or have the list show you what you've tuned to - I update the list every so often from EiBi which it does easily. You can also make your own lists in Excel which I have done for all the MWARA, HFDL and all the NZ AM BC band stations. The website is here....https://zeiterfassung.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm ...but just click on Winradio/Perseus at the top to go to that page - I'm sure there's some great stuff on the other pages but it's way over my pay grade!

BOBRR

Hi,

Nice to hear from you.

The folks at WinRadio, really nice and responsive, sent me vers. 1.87 which is supposed to work with W10.

But I sure can't. Will play with it a bit more, and then just quit with it; don't really want to keep bothering
their Help folks, and not that important. Would like to get functional, though, if practical (my stubborn streak).

Will definitely look at your suggestions. Sound very good. Thanks.

If you are not familiar with CSVUseListBrowser, take a look.
It meshes with the Excalibur quite well, and does most everything. Incredible program.

Have been using SDRConsole with a SDRPlay RSPdx a lot this past year, but have migrated back to the Excalibur.
Can't make up my mind.

Let's stay in touch.

Stay well,
Bob

majoco

Stirrer
I've tried CSVU and found it rather complicated to add the new data - Dan's list just comes as a CSV Excel file which I just put on the desktop.

Heres a pic of the G33 GUI with JB's station list running down the side - the frequency is automatically displayed fed from the G33 - all it shows is the frequency, the country and the station name, all you really need for a quick ident, just a right-click on the frequency and the G33 goes to it.

G33DDC+Station List.jpg

Hanging out the bottom edge is Dan's list, just a click on that brings up more info than you know what the do with and only four days old - the G33 and JBS's list is now showing at the top of the screen - just a click to go back, so easy.

Dan's list.jpg

BOBRR

Hi,

Will try them. Hope the G-31 (mine) works just like your G-33 ?

Thanks so much for suggestions, and the past ones.
Very appreciated.

Stay well,
Bob

BOBRR

Hi,

Just a quick follow up:

Is version v2.1.4.6 the "latest" ? When from ?

Do I need also the spec lab xrs plug in ? What does it do ?

Thanks,
Bob

majoco

Stirrer
Hi Bob,

Yes, you do need the Speclab plugin - that's the programme that talks between the G31 and Stationlist.

It also works very well on an old G303 so I see no reason that it shouldn't work on your G31.

I do have another programme that I haven't used for a while called "RDBM.xrs" - "Radio Data Base Memory" - written a long time ago by a guy call Fonseca so I guess he's Portuguese or Maltese - a common surname there. It doesn't even run on my Win 7 machine but works very well on an XP laptop. I have worked out most of the quirks like writing my own xls documents and it's not that hard but time consuming if you want to load something like the csv EiBi listing! I mainly use it for listing all the MWARA and Volmet stations. I can send you the setup if you like. It does control the winradio and displays the winradio frequency. I'll send you a couple of pics later.

Cheers - Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.