For Any WinRadio G-31 Excalibur Users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Re the Spectrum view with the WinRadio software for the WinRadio G-31 Excalibur:

The vertical scan now goes from: 0 to -110 db.

I can vary the lower limit, the -110 fine. There's a pull-down for that.

Is there ay way of varying the upper limit; such tat it
does not start at 0 ?

Lots of wasted space between the 0 at the very top, and where the spectrum actually starts showing
the received frequencies below at around -70 or so.

BTW: is there a Group or a Forum anywhere these days for the G-31, or WinRadio questions in general ?
GroupsIO doesn't seem to have one, and Yahoo is pretty much dead.

Thanks,
Bob

JerryX

Regarding WiNRADiO-specific groups or forums, I haven't found any. I think this is the case because WiNRADiO SDRs aren't used much by hobbyists due to their cost and the lack of recent new products (the products they have released in the last few years have been expensive (>$4000) and directed at professionals.)

There are very active groups for Elad, SDRplay, and Airspy users, but, alas, nothing for Excalibur users.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Jerry I had the G33 for a short time in 2015 and while the hardware/software had some powerful features the software drove me crazy. Also, if you don't live in a noise-free environment then it makes for a messy waterfall. I don't know if they have updated the software since then but I continue to use my (older) Perseus SDR and still haven't found anything to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.