For Anyone Considering the GRE PSR-310

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagleswings01

Hi Everyone,

I put together this short video for anyone interested in purchasing the GRE PSR-310!

This is the first of several videos I plan on making to help other newcomers out, as a way of saying thanks to everyone here for the great help they gave to me in helping me choose this scanner.

eagleswingsrc's Channel - YouTube

Thanks again everyone,
Michael

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
good job

Nice intro to the 310 Mike, good job.

My 310 & 106 will get some daylight next week when the Blue Angels are in town. Gettin excited. :D

eagleswings01

Thanks guys - I really appreciate your kind comments!

Josh - I'm jealous of the Blue Angels coming to town! We are looking forward to seeing them fly at the Grand Junction, CO airshow next year.

Take care,
Mike

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Thanks guys - I really appreciate your kind comments!

Josh - I'm jealous of the Blue Angels coming to town! We are looking forward to seeing them fly at the Grand Junction, CO airshow next year.

Take care,
Mike
Check out this video from last years air show at NAS Jax. This was actually Friday's practice show and it was shot from the adjacent Target parking lot. (Not my video but I was there) Awesome spot! I try to be there Thur-Fri-Sat afternoon to get my fill of the BA.

You can't see show center from there, but it doesn't even matter, the overhead passes are so cool. Watch the video to the end. I swear to you he was a yard or 2 from that tree from my perspective a little further back. Did I say I'm gettin excited?! :D

eagleswings01

Thanks DaveIN - I'll update this thread when I post another 310 video!

Brewkelyn - WOW and WOW AGAIN! I can't believe how low he was! I replayed the end of that video several times, and paused it several times to really look at it. That's incredible!

Yeah, I guess I'd be excited too! :D Hope you have a great time watching and listening.

Mike

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Check out this video from last years air show at NAS Jax. This was actually Friday's practice show and it was shot from the adjacent Target parking lot. (Not my video but I was there) Awesome spot! I try to be there Thur-Fri-Sat afternoon to get my fill of the BA.

You can't see show center from there, but it doesn't even matter, the overhead passes are so cool. Watch the video to the end. I swear to you he was a yard or 2 from that tree from my perspective a little further back. Did I say I'm gettin excited?! :D

NICE VIDEO CLIP! Talk about a free-be! I see there was a nice row of other enthusiasts there as well LOL....That really WAS a close pass at the end, wow! Thanks for sharing! We are huge Angels fanatics in our family. We normally catch them at the Quonset Air Base in North Kingston R.I.
Being a photographer, I would love to have been there when this video was shot, with my digital SLR. Still, nothing beats a good video!....

Manny

Last edited:

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Wirelessly posted (HTC S_4G: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sensation_4G Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

Yeah, next week I'm gonna try to juggle my camera and scanner and be ready for that cross break maneuver in case they fly that low again. It'd be cool to catch the whole pass as he comes from behind the bldg.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread Mike...I was curious, how did you end up programming your 310, by hand or with cable & software? Did you decide on an antenna or have you been using the stock duck?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I love my 310! It replaced my pro-162 which saw tons of action. I like it so much, I am considering a second one. Definitely get the programing software. Too many features to do manualy!

Manny

eagleswings01

Manny - I agree about getting good pictures, but it's hard to beat that SOUND from the video!

Josh - you didn't hijack the thread at all! I programmed the entire scanner by hand (seeing that I'm a Mac user) and still have the stock ducky, but plan on grabbing that Radio Shack antenna sometime soon. Given that I've put in a LOT of time programming by hand, I plan on doing some videos for that soon.

Thanks again!
Mike

eagleswings01

ive got the 310 also,love it!!

thanks for the vid,,the Best way yo say thanks,,
Contribute!Contribute!Contribute!!

Thanks!

You are welcome! I plan on doing more videos soon. For all the 310 users...especially those who program by hand.

Take care,
Mike

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Josh - you didn't hijack the thread at all! I programmed the entire scanner by hand (seeing that I'm a Mac user) and still have the stock ducky, but plan on grabbing that Radio Shack antenna sometime soon. Given that I've put in a LOT of time programming by hand, I plan on doing some videos for that soon.

Thanks again!
Mike
Thanks Mike ;) if I may then, since you guys in this thread will appreciate it, here's a short compilation video my wife took of the B.A. at Target some years ago. I hope to record some audio from my 310 next week while they're here. Weather and camera were crappy in those videos. I got a better camera, let's hope for better weather.

eagleswings01 said:
You are welcome! I plan on doing more videos soon. For all the 310 users...especially those who program by hand.
That would be very helpful. I know many will appreciate such a video...

Dann

Premium Subscriber
Very well done,I have the 410 and programing it is driving me crazy,so i look forward to the rest of your videos.

eagleswings01

Very cool video indeed! Love the sound of those engines. I can't believe how low they are over that parking lot!

Here's to clear skies, good audio, and great videos! :D

Take care,
Mike

eagleswings01

Very well done,I have the 410 and programing it is driving me crazy,so i look forward to the rest of your videos.

Thank you very much Dann! I will make it a point to get at least one more done this next week and then will update this thread!

eagleswings01

You are very welcome - thanks for the feedback! Is there anything in specific that you would like to see?

My next video will be a very quick one showing how to set the bold font and contrast adjustment - so it's geared towards someone who just got their 310.

Thanks again,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.