• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

For the MDC and DTMF pros. Little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmedic

Hi to you all.
Just for giggles, I got my TK8180 to display and xmit MDC.
2 questions:
1:/ Is there any way NOT to hear the actual MDC code while its transmitted and have it only show on the display? On Motorolas, you dont hear it, you just see the ID

2:/ I switched from an 8160 to the 8180 for the MDC feature. I loved the 8160 that displayed all the DTMF PTT IDs other agencies are using. But I havent yet found a way to get the DTMF PTT IDs to show on my 8180

Any suggestions?

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Yes there is a way to silence the Pre PTT MDC on the TK2180/7180 series. Its in the options page you can put a delay that mutes the MDC Chirp. As far as I know you cannot have DTMF and MDC1200, it has to be one or the other. Let me know if you still can't find the option to mute PTT MDC, I'll look for it in the software for ya.

pddispatcher

Does that include having to hear the MDC chirp if someone on another radio unkeys and it makes the sound?

Can you advise where it is in the software?

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Yes it will mute Pre PTT MDC IDs. You have to make sure your delay is set long enough. You configure it where it says Mute hold time. The default is 600ms and the default MDC1200 xmit time is 400ms. You may have to increase the mute hold time to fully mute it.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.2 KB · Views: 479

madmedic

Hey guys im sorry im 4 month late but thanks a bunch! I appreciate.
I completely forgot to add the notification email so I had no cluesomeone took the time to answer.
Thanks again.
Im on my way to program now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.