For those in need of 800Mhz antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiberaFan08

I am not familiar with the FME female connector that is on the end of the cable. I would need to have an adapter of some sort.I have a BCD396XT (Uniden) which has a female SMA on it but I also have an adapter so I can use various antennas with male BNC connectors.Please advise.

conve36

Sorry I should have also said I cut that FME connector off as soon as I received the antenna (Radio Shack store's seem to not carry the antenna, so I had to purchase online).

So, I used a BNC right-angle connector that I bought from my local Radio Shack. Works GREAT!!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103434

Just remember, this antenna is horrible on any frequencies other than 800mhz. If you only monitor 800mhz frequencies, this is perfect for you. It's tiny and can take on and off your car.

ResQguy

Meh
I am not familiar with the FME female connector that is on the end of the cable. I would need to have an adapter of some sort.I have a BCD396XT (Uniden) which has a female SMA on it but I also have an adapter so I can use various antennas with male BNC connectors.Please advise.

FME connectors don't attach directly to radios. They are used to professionally terminate a cable in a way that can be connected to whatever RF port you might use with a between-series adapter by the end user without specialized tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.