• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

For those of you who have bought from Hong Kong sellers on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallboy90

I know so people have said that some of these radios that are being sold don't work and cannot be programmed. I would like to know if the radio you bought from one of these people is legit and programmable.

The 3 sellers are- "g8hkshop" ,"digital_come06" & "super_bonny88"

if you have bought one of there Motorola radios (GP340, GP360, GP380 etc) can you please say if it was legit or scam. Both of these sellers on eBay have good feedback just don't know which one to choose.

Thanks,
Wallboy90

w2smw

I was very pleased with gh8kshop, bought 2 gp380 and batteries from them, I had a bad battery and they replaced it. The radios are fine, I did not have any problem programming them with the provided sofware and cable. The onlu thing I did not like was the shipping time but that is to be expected from HK, as I was able to track the progress and it was the the postal service not them.

billy5715

The radios are fine, I did not have any problem programming them with the provided sofware and cable.

Provided software? I wouldn't post anything about Motorola software that you didn't legally purchase with them... Just my 2cents...

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I know so people have said that some of these radios that are being sold don't work and cannot be programmed. I would like to know if the radio you bought from one of these people is legit and programmable.

if you have bought one of there Motorola radios (GP340, GP360, GP380 etc) can you please say if it was legit or scam. Both of these sellers on eBay have good feedback just don't know which one to choose.

Thanks,
Wallboy90

I dealt with the last one, Super_bonny88. The radio I purchased looks brand new though it is used. It works like new radio too. He included everything that was advertised in the ad. I liked the radio so much, I ordered another one. ( UHF 403-470 split ) Programming was no problem. Thats my experience. I had a Moto dealer I do business with check out the radio and it's past. It did not come up stolen and was built in 2006. All the TX specs were where they should be according to the dealer. All HT250 accessories will work on this radio. Took about 9 days to get to my home. If I can be of more help, PM me!

Manny

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Provided software? I wouldn't post anything about Motorola software that you didn't legally purchase with them... Just my 2cents...

I highly dought /\/\ give a flying hoot about these radios and thier programming software being sold on ebay. Its been going on for a long time, if the did care about it they would shut them down. Just like they did to the guy I buy CPS from, he still sells it just not on ebay. There are more hacked and unauthorized sets of CPS out there than legit sets I bet.

gcrpcrepair

Thanks,
Wallboy90

I bought one off of g8hkshop and it works really good.The only problem I have is it won't do MDC1200 signaling.The software is simple to install.R/click-EXTRACT FILES-open the folder and install.exe and your up and programming.

FIREPHIGHT

radio

i am pretty sure that all 3 of the sellers are the same person with 3 diffrent user names . the reason i say this is i bought a gp 330 wich was advertised as a gp 380 the seller was digital_ but my paypal money was sent to super_bonny88 rember these radios are realy a gp330 with gp 380 stickers after i bought it i compared it with a yahoo image of a truemotorola gp380 and they are way diffrent

N4KVE

Since these GP 330/380 radios aren't sold in this country, the software isn't sold in this country either. Even if you had a legally purchased copy of HT 1250 software, it wouldn't work on those export model radios, so the seller has to supply the software with the radios, so the buyers can use them. But yes, we should not use software we didn't purchase legally. GARY N4KVE

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
True that

I highly dought /\/\ give a flying hoot about these radios and thier programming software being sold on ebay. Its been going on for a long time, if the did care about it they would shut them down. Just like they did to the guy I buy CPS from, he still sells it just not on ebay. There are more hacked and unauthorized sets of CPS out there than legit sets I bet.

I agree 100% on that.

On the OP, I just bought a GP338 Plus VHF from Digital_come06 a few days ago. It hasnt got in yet. From what I have read on him they are legit and there units do good.

Scampi

I bought a GP380 from "digital_come06" and so far it has been flawless.
The only thing I can't understand is how to program the status and address list, so I am unable to send statuses.

dustinw251

I bought from the digital come 06 and radio worked great. In order for narrowband operation it has to be a couple of hz off but it still hits on our repeater and transmits & recieves great. I had the charger go out about 2 days after I recieved it and he replaced it free of charge. But I still ended up getting the impres Charger and a couple of the bateries. I still have the original battry working fine after almost a year now. Hope this helps.

rylandman

Buyer beware of digital_come06

I bought a defective FT-60R battery from digital_come06. He told me to send it back for an exchange. I sent it back for $6.00 postage cost. He never returned the exchange battery. He told constant lies about the battery being on the way. This was for two batteries that never arrived. He always asked that I be patient and wait. He stalled me long enough so nothing could be done with ebay or paypal. He ran out the clock by constantly lying. Digital_come06 has no intention of replacing defective merchandise. If you don't believe me, give him a try.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I bought a GP338Plus last year from digital_come06. The radio has some defective parts (the battery wouldn't sit flush with the radio, the knobs kept falling off repeatedly, etc). The seller agreed to a refund, however never refunded me and since the time it took to ship to me, figure out what was wrong and ship back, my 90 days had expired and ebay refused to help me out as well. So I was "scammed" out of $180 and there isn't anything I can do about it. All of the above sellers are the same shop, DO NOT buy from them!!!

DSYCUTTER

Premium Subscriber

Thanks,
Wallboy90

I bought from digital_come06, Yes the radio worked. It took me about two hours to figure out how to get it programmed because the software that was supposed to come with it had a blank disk. I also had trouble finding drivers for the usb programming cable. Once I got it all figured out I was able to program the radio. The only other issue I had was the charger he sent was 220v 50hz so even after trying to modify it broke it. I am waiting on him to mail me a new, correct charger.

I am not using mine to transmit, I basically wanted a rugged scanner.

Bottom line, for the purchase price I am satisfied with what I got.

michy

Premium Subscriber
I purchased from g8hkshop after viewing comments on the forum.

A few days after the auction, he send me a message wanting another $17 to ship it (over and above what the transaction indicated). I had already paid $30, so I wasn't going to pay $50 to ship a $160 radio.

I told him to cancel the transaction.

mformby

Motorola software

billy5715 is correct. The MotoPolice is always reading these forums. If you get their software illegally they will come after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.