Ford Bronco Radio Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonperson

Ford should have continued making the full sized Bronco. They were great trucks. My wife and I owned 5 of them between the two of us from 1986 through 1996.

It was easier to install radio gear inside a Bronco than in many of today's trucks.

Over on the Full Size Bronco Forum there was a thread about a possible new Bronco. They even had picture but haven't heard anything else on it.
There was another user over there that was adding a Bronco on a newer Ford truck chassis with the newer engine and dash. He hasn't posted any up dates on it a few months but what they did do looked neat so far.

You have any suggestion on a mount location for the a 1/4 wave CB antenna? Thinking about putting a ball mount on the side near the topper but am concerned about it flexing the body panels to much and or if won't help with the reception range I won't bother with it.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Over on the Full Size Bronco Forum there was a thread about a possible new Bronco. They even had picture but haven't heard anything else on it.
There was another user over there that was adding a Bronco on a newer Ford truck chassis with the newer engine and dash. He hasn't posted any up dates on it a few months but what they did do looked neat so far.

You have any suggestion on a mount location for the a 1/4 wave CB antenna? Thinking about putting a ball mount on the side near the topper but am concerned about it flexing the body panels to much and or if won't help with the reception range I won't bother with it.

I think that possible new Bronco was a 2004 concept idea but it never happened.

nonperson

Prototype II

Here are some pictures of the new console and radios. I've added a RCI 2950 DX, Alinco DR-06T and Jetstream JT220M to the works. I deleted the storage compartment so I could fit more radios in it.

Got it sitting in the Bronco but not bolted down yet to try it out and see if i want to make any last minute changes. With the exception of the RCI and Kenwood, I still need to get some antennas etc for the radios.

Attachments

• newconsole1_zps21b7ab63.jpg
    newconsole1_zps21b7ab63.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 689
  • newconsole2_zpsa76942a0.jpg
    newconsole2_zpsa76942a0.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,480
  • newconsole3_zps8221d799.jpg
    newconsole3_zps8221d799.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:

CanesFan95

Good job. I figured you could fit a couple more rigs in there. Now it's time to porcupinify that roof!

nonperson

cba14cbc423e22ede65e4db91419acc8.jpg

Didn't like the other two so I came up with another one. It's just sitting in there for now. Going to pull everything out this weekend.

nonperson

The vinyl matched better than I thought it would so I'm going to redo grey piece with the vinyl.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
I want to see what the outside of this thing looks like when you're done

kd5pck

Can you show pictures of how you mounted the radios in the console? Curious as to see how you did it. I'm working on something similar and looking for ideas. Wish the ham radio/scanner manufacturers would make their radios like VHF marine radios with available flush mount kits. Thanks.

nonperson

I made some L brackets out of some scrap sheet metal drilled holes for the radio etc and screwed them into the underside of board. The tabs are long enough rest on side boards also to help support the weight of the radios. Sorry I don't have pictures of them.

I was trying to make better ones out aluminum flat stock but that didn't work out to well.

Status
Not open for further replies.