Ford drops MSFT for Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Tnx. (And I loved the $F Thunderbirds we had in the 1980s and 1990s.) CNBC's Fast Money had a blurb tonight; Guy Adami thinks "you can own it here" at $9.85, so we'll see.

W9BU

Lead Wiki Manager
Super Moderator
For anyone doing a drive-by of this thread and thinking that the thread is talking about BlackBerry phones, it isn't.

BlackBerry owns a software platform known as QNX which accomplishes the same voice and mobile data integration with the vehicle that Microsoft's Sync does now. Sync has been a major selling factor for Ford since about 2009, but Sync has its issues and those issues are hurting Ford's quality ratings. QNX is currently used in Volkwagen and BMW automobiles.

I own two Fords with Sync and I don't have any real problems with it. OTOH, neither of my Ford's have the touch screen interface known as My Ford Touch which I thought was causing Ford more issues than Sync itself, but I'm sure I don't know the whole story.

Cowthief

Hello.

It is as much the touch screen as anything.
People try use the touch screen while moving, or kids with gloop on their hands get to it, and it gets "stuck", doing all sorts of things.
If some female with long fingernails tries to use it, it leaves scratches, and makes grinding noises!
In short, it is not so much the platform as it is the user.
There will NEVER be a fix for bringing a low grade bimbo and her kids in your car!

Status
Not open for further replies.