Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
Quick and clean install.

13965794346_dd72f6a3b1_c.jpg

frazpo

antenna?

Whats the antenna setup? I may be getting an Escape for my next fleet car. Do you like it?

RodStrong

That looks great. The one thing I have found that can be a pain with those "side" types of installs is sometimes your leg tends to rub against the radio. This can be very uncomfortable, especially during lengthy drive times. This of course depends on how big you are, how long your legs are, how much space there is in the vehicle, etc. Sometimes the seat movement can be affected by where you put the radio as well.

I recently rode in a Traverse to IWCE and spent a week in it, and the XTL in it (similarly installed) drove me nuts. Hopefully your install works for you. Thanks for posting it.

teufler

my installs in a center console car were to the passenger side. Ham gear was split units so the control head stuck on the dash and radio unit went below the seats. The stick on was on the front, not the top of the dash. Harad part was seeing what the scanner displayed. Just scanned the state police and listened. Used a RS 2067 scanner as that one displayed the pl or dcs code immediately with the frequencey. Mu uniden 780xt only displayed if the frequenct and pl were programmed. If I was searching, I would have to wait to do a search of the pl tones. All of this was important in that I was demoing radios to public service agencies and it was nice to take a demo unit already programmed up for what they used.

Status
Not open for further replies.