Ford F150 with custom console

Status
Not open for further replies.

khubbard

Vertex VX-6000 vhf and VX-4000 uhf dualband mounted in console. Charger for Vertex VX-900 portables mounted on the side. Has uhf sitting in charger. Charger only has power when key is on. Maxrad dualband antenna with a Comet duplexer.

SCPD

QRT
Nice clean installation. A couple of questions, you say there are two radios mounted in the console but I only see one. Am I missing something? You seem to have a radio mounted in what looks like the glove compartment, would that be the second radio? Second, the console seems very large for one radio. Are you planning on putting additional radios in it?

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Nice console

Exsmokey said:
Are you planning on putting additional radios in it?

You really have to ask that? How many of us own more than one scanner or radio. lol

Looks good I like the fact there is plenty of room to grow. How does the portable hold up riding along down like gravel roads would be my question, they can be very rough at times.

khubbard

that is a remote head with the two radios mounted behind the back seat. The portable holds up pretty good. It kind of locks in to the charger when you drop it in. Normally it is only in the charger when it needs to be charged. I'm saving room for a scanner so I can listen to the trunked system where I live

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
How and of what materials did you construct it out of?? I have seen several for my truck made out of MDF board but I prefer metal.....thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.