Ford Taurus Install w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcomm

I have a 2006 Taurus. I bought a used Troy Console for $30.00 on ebay, then bought the faceplates (expensive!) from Troy. After 3 weeks, I am done. The hardest part was removing the bottom (flip out) console, which is attached to the top arm rest. The whole thing came out in one huge piece, but I had to take it to Ford to get the two bolts out which seperate the arm rest from the flip-out. I gave the guy $20 and he pulled them out without busting his knuckles--like I already did. I bought some grey carpet and put it in over the floor plate and once the new console went in, it looked seemless.

BTW, Troy's customer service SUCKS with a capital S. Their phone lines don't work, their email responses are sporadic and short, it's a shame, they don't want your money. This project cost about $900, radios and install complete.

I bought the 4mm screws on ebay for the faceplates, actually, this is a complete "ebay job."

This is a ICOM V-8000 VHF / Alinco D605 VHF/UHF, and a PSR400 scanner.

P.S. Below......this RR Ford Taurus guy inspired me to take the console out. Without his photos, I would never have done it: (see link below)

http://forums.radioreference.com/pictures-your-shack-mobile-setup/95861-2006-ford-taurus-2.html

Attachments

• seat.gif
    seat.gif
    173 KB · Views: 2,442
  • IMAG2279.jpg
    IMAG2279.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,183
  • IMAG2272.jpg
    IMAG2272.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,328
  • IMAG2296.jpg
    IMAG2296.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,315
  • IMAG2300.jpg
    IMAG2300.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,238

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Yes, I agree, very, very nice job - you should be proud! When you get a chance, send us a pic or two of the antennas!

Mike

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Nice job. Kinda wish my Fusion had a colume shifter instead of the floor shifter. I had to get creative with all remote head mounts.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Be careful with that GRE scanner and those antennas being so close in proximity to each other; unless you've padded the receivers front-end on that scanner, you're almost certain to destroy the scanners receiver within a few of the first transmissions on either VHF or UHF. I'd consider mounting the scanner antenna at least 24" away from ANY transmitter antenna...

Nice clean install and good luck with it.

emcomm

Thanks gents for the nice words.

To W2GLD, thank you, will take into consideration.

FYI, the photo of the back of the car was taken in Brooklyn. NYC parks, for the most part, all have a similar fence line around the old parks.

Reminds me a lot of my setup in the 70's.

A 1968 Rambler American, with a 23 channel CB and 8 channel scanner hanging under the dash, a splitter to the AM Radio antenna, an Audiovox FM converter in the glove box, 102" whip - bumper mount and a door bell switch under the carpet near the dimmer switch, hooked to a siren under the hood for getting people out-of-my-way!

Seriously, though. That is a sweet looking job. Nicely done!

Status
Not open for further replies.