• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ford Taurus Installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB4EOT

Anyone have suggestions to route power cables throught firewall in Ford Taurus? Model year is 2003. Adding new Yaesu FT-2800M radio.

Regards,

WB4EOT

KJ4FWA

I Would get a slightly larger drill bit then the power/antenna cables, Drill through the wall in a place that is below the dash, Install a gromet (rubber protector) and run the cables, I did this in the Isuzu Tow truck, I'll post some pictures of the install later on.

Don't know if Ford changed this much from 1998 to 2003, but I punched a hole in a grommet that's in the firewall and ran it through there. These pics are from a 1999, but everything's the same as it is on my car, and as I suspect, the Gen4 models like your 2003:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1612

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17451

Here's a post that's specific to the Gen4 models, but near the end a post seems to indicate that it should have the same hole that the Gen3 has.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37394

If you do have this hole, access is tough, even with small hands. But it sure beats drilling. I've had 1/0 gauge cable through it.

HTH

cratliff

I have a Taurus and found a place that is not too hard to access or have things to get in the way on the bottom left-hand side of the firewall (if you are standing in front of the car looking at the engine). I put a little grommet in there and for good measure, sealed it a little from the inside with silicone sealant. The wires run out the back of the stereo/ac console on the dash and run under the carpet. The hole and everything is hidden under the passenger side floor mat pretty far enough out of reach of feet.
I actually had the hole drilled for me with an impact drill by some guys at a car audio place in exchange for a Monster energy drink :) .....cheaper than buying a new bit!!

Just to add; The passenger side of the firewall may be easier because there is less "stuff" in the way such as brake master cylinder, steering mechanism, big wire bundles...etc. The ppassenger side should be pretty clear except maybe for an AC hose and vacuum hoses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.