Forest City not active on their VIPER channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottE22

Recently added Forest City PD to my favorites when they recently went active on TG41020 on NC VIPER,downloaded from RR database heard some traffic over the last week or so,now,last couple nights,nothing at all.maybe they had issues,and went back to their VHF channel,or possibly they are encrypting.Considered they were dispatching more through their patrol vehicles MDT(mobile data terminal)but there would be some voice traffic.Am monitoring the Spindale VIPER tower,also tried scanning area towers.

N4VX

The Spindale (Fairgrounds Rd) site is Zone 2 Site 36 (0x24h) and is between Forest City and Spindale
The Kuhns PE (Carteret Co) site is Zone 3 Site 36 (0x24h)

Possibly a decode error in your scanner showing an incorrect zone.

I believe they are still in the equipment deployment phase with the new APX4000s and APX1500s so they are probably not ready for a full time switch over just yet.

reconrider8

If you have the total viper system running the scanner just scans for control channels. The scanner doesn't know where the cc is coming from so if it's something that shares the same channel it just says hey this is an active cc with a tgid in my list let me play it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Nice catch! Same Site ID and Same CC Frequency just in different RFSS Zones. I can see how that can lead to some confusion...

I run into this often on my TRX-1 when I monitor the scanlist I set up for traveling. I have all the viper towers in the list and it sometimes will false identify the tower I'm hearing due to overlapping frequencies (not necessarily the control channel but one of the freqs in use).

ScottE22

The Spindale (Fairgrounds Rd) site is Zone 2 Site 36 (0x24h) and is between Forest City and Spindale
The Kuhns PE (Carteret Co) site is Zone 3 Site 36 (0x24h)

Possibly a decode error in your scanner showing an incorrect zone.

I believe they are still in the equipment deployment phase with the new APX4000s and APX1500s so they are probably not ready for a full time switch over just yet.
That's what I was thinking,know one of their officers will ask him if I see him...

Status
Not open for further replies.