Forest City PD-talkgroup not showing in the database on my BC436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Database Admin
They have a VHF frequency in the database:

They may have transitioned to VIPER now since the county has been moving that way over the last year so be sure and search for any new talkgroups that may not be in the database yet, then you can submit them.

ScottE22

Talk group ID is 41020 per the Broadcastify site for Forest City PD,so that would be VIPER,don't know why I can't locate it when I scroll though the database on the BCD436HP

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Talk group ID is 41020 per the Broadcastify site for Forest City PD,so that would be VIPER,don't know why I can't locate it when I scroll though the database on the BCD436HP

TG 41020 is not in the RR database, thus it won't show up on the scanner database. The reason it is not in the database is most likely that no one has verified the usage and submitted it to RR. The RR database is built by users from verified information, if no one hears the traffic, verifies who is using it and submits it it won't be added.

ScottE22

TG 41020 is not in the RR database, thus it won't show up on the scanner database. The reason it is not in the database is most likely that no one has verified the usage and submitted it to RR. The RR database is built by users from verified information, if no one hears the traffic, verifies who is using it and submits it it won't be added.
How can a user add this talkgroup to see if there is traffic?Would confirmation by an active FCPD officer be useful?I have a BCD436HP, thanks....

trumpetman

Database Admin
You can manually edit your favorites list and add it into your BCD436HP or wait for the weekly database update and download to your scanner next Monday. I did verify the TG was active this past weekend. FCPD is not patched to VHF, they are operating strictly on VIPER. Rutherfordton PD is still on their VHF repeater and all 3 county agencies had mixed use between VHF & VIPER TGs. EMS, Fire, & Sheriff channels were patched. I'll update the database with these findings.

ScottE22

You can manually edit your favorites list and add it into your BCD436HP or wait for the weekly database update and download to your scanner next Monday. I did verify the TG was active this past weekend. FCPD is not patched to VHF, they are operating strictly on VIPER. Rutherfordton PD is still on their VHF repeater and all 3 county agencies had mixed use between VHF & VIPER TGs. EMS, Fire, & Sheriff channels were patched. I'll update the database with these findings.
Thanks for the info,I work security at the Facebook data center in Forest city, but I live in Hickory, so I am switching between those areas,good to know an experienced person is active in this part of the state...btw am former Hickory Police,circa 1978-1982....

ScottE22

Maybe we'll see there freqs in the database soon ;)
They are using Motorola XPR 7550e radios,DMR, repeater and direct channels,with enhanced voice privacy,UHF 400mhz band,trying to find exact range,my scanner doesn't have the DMR upgrade, so rules out using close call or search to ID freq.Although with the voice privacy, most casual monitoring would not be woth the expense to hack the key...will advise on any updates....

Status
Not open for further replies.