Forest fire in Tyrell County

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
Is anybody hearing any traffic regarding the ongoing forest fire in Tyrell County? I've been loosening to Viper for Beaufort, and Martin and I hear nothing. I'm sure I'm probably too far away to hear the forest service Portables but is there any repeaters that are active?

CommRX

I'm a bit to far away to receive the old VHF transmissions, however they are also using VIPER talkgroups 52651 (District 13) and 52645 (District 4). Depending on what receiver your using, ensure you have it set to search and not scan talkgroups. Friday night had lots of traffic, but it has dropped off a bit. You may want to enter any forestry air frequencies as they have had helos and spotter planes as well. If this is anything like 2008, it will get down into the peat and smolder for weeks.

richardbritt

Database Admin
I am hearing VIPER on the talk group for D13 (in the message previous to this one) and the spotter plane is on 151.22 as also mentioned above. D13 also uses tac vhf frequencies on site. Scan the lower end of the 151 range as there are several they might be using. I am in D7 and out of range for the low power simplex tac frequencies. I may go to Creswell depending on how the fire progresses and carry my scanner. Also monitor D7 (151.205) as they send in equipment and manpower to assist D13 frequently when they have fires.

Regards Richard

CommRX

They are also on 52652 which is not in the database. If you have an elevated antenna, you should be able to hit them off the Bath tower as I'm getting clear signals on a Remtronix ducky. Many thanks to all the work those guys do. Lots of swampy open ground around here, making access difficult. Hopefully this decent rain will knock it down.