Forgive Me I Pulled The Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcisive

I just had to try out a 536 to see just exactly how it compares to my HP1. I was a bit hesitant for a 436 due to several of the things I'd read about it over the last few weeks regarding a few weaknesses it has. I spend most of my time in my office at home in front of the computer as well as the scanner, so the portability wasn't much of a compelling reason to consider it. I chose Amazon due in part to their easy return policy just in case I'm not terribly impressed. I'll be setting up some Favorites as well as seeing how it does on sensitivity and sound quality and such. If I keep it I would most certainly add the DMR to it. I'll keep you guys posted as to my reaction to it's overall performance.

marksmith

The 536 was probably a better choice than the 436 for you based on your use. You will probably find the speaker to be a little low throated compared to your hp1 at first. I still use a small high quality external speaker with mine that makes it sound better to me.

You can download the Sentinel software for the x36 radios (different than the version for the hp1 and hp2) and get that installed, download the latest database and get your favorites set up while you wait for the radio.

The Sentinel version for x36 radios is basically the same as the hp1 version, but has some extra stuff, like quick keys and such, to match up with the x36 radios. Other than that, works exactly the same.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Status
Not open for further replies.