Former Independent Cities in Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemassey

Premium Subscriber
The towns of Bedford and Clifton Forge no longer exist as independent cities in Virginia and are now part of their respective counties. Is it possible to remove Bedford and Clifton Forge cities and move their data into their counties?

Joe

QDP2012

The corresponding pages in the Wiki have been updated, so only the DB-side needs updating at this point.

Thanks for catching this.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
An admin can't remove or create jurisdictions. This would probably need to be addressed by Lindsay.

jemassey

Premium Subscriber
Good evening Joe,

You might want to submit your suggested changes to the DB using the following "Submit" links:
Submit:Bedford City VA
Submit:Clifton Forge VA

This likely will get the requests into the hands of the DBA faster than this thread.

Hope this helps,

I tried this a while back with a change request for Bedford. The DBA was able to move the city agencies to the county, but did not remove the city of Bedford.

An admin can't remove or create jurisdictions. This would probably need to be addressed by Lindsay.

That was my assumption based on my experience above. Thanks for the confirmation.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Yes, it's a Lindsay fix. I've forwarded the info to him.

dtscho

Database Admin
Lindsay,

Bedford City is still showing on the Virginia clickable map, and the new Central Virginia Radio Communications System (P25) is showing as four counties, when it only resides in three jurisdictions. I believe the old Bedford City may be the reason the system is reporting as being in four counties.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9074

Thanks,
Dave

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
I can't really fix the map because they are predefined - however I've fixed the existing references to Bedford City.

Thanks Lindsay.

Due to the economic situation of the past decade, a number of smaller Independent Cities in Virginia have decided to return to Town status from being an Independent City, with Bedford being reabsorbed into the County back in July 2013. The cost of maintaining a independent parallel government was simply too much.

I had wondered for years why our local trunked system (CVRCS Edacs) appeared a "4 Counties", and had discussed it with David. The [former] City of Bedford was being counted as a separate entity.

Mark C.

Status
Not open for further replies.