Formosa Plastics Corporation Texas Trunking System - - Port Lavaca

Status
Not open for further replies.

army_scanner

New Trunking System in Calhoun County Texas

Well the other the day i was talking to a local cop and he said that they where using Formosa Plastics new trunking system (local chemical plant) for for surveillance. He had two radios first was used to talk to dispatch regular hand radio that all the other cops have here. the other radio was XPR 6550 Portable Two-Way Radio - Motorola Solutions USA.

I went to ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WQOM203 - Formosa Plastics Corporation Texas and noticed there is a new system. Tried doing a custom search on my 396XT and found the control channels but the scanner wont decode them(at least thats what is seems to me). Now based off the radio and freqs for the trunking system is that a trucking system that can be listened to or not.
Thanks for any input on this.

Last edited:

kf5qgf

My work uses xpr 6350, similar radios, and they use the mototrbo trunking system, which from what i've read no scanner will follow, might be same here?

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Well the other the day i was talking to a local cop..
Out of curiosity, Port Lavaca city PD or Calhoun SO?

The license you posted is only authorized for narrowband analog FM, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were running TRBO unauthorized. TRBO simplex or repeater input cannot be captured by Close Call due to the transmit on/off nature of TDMA, so no help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.