Forsyth County Georgia- Sheriff Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Does anybody know the new frequencies for the Forsyth County, GA Sheriff??

Wow! How long since you tuned into the county SO:) They've been digital for over 5 years now. You can still listen to FD on 154.010 and Cumming PD on 153.395. Yep, a digital, P-25 scanner is needed to monitor now. Started with a Pro-96, then my current 106. If you need any help setting up your scanner let me know.

Larry

kc4wai

I didn't realize Cumming PD and Forsyth County FD were still on VHF. Is it just a simulcast of those agencies' talkgroups on the 800 DTRS, or is there a 2 way link path between 800 and VHF? Roswell Fire does that with UHF and 800. Their dispatch calls go out on the Fulton TRS (which is still analog) and 460.6000 MHz (Roswell's repeater) at the same time. The UHF repeater and the Fire TG are linked together. They do that for the volunteers and for paging.

N8IAA

I didn't realize Cumming PD and Forsyth County FD were still on VHF. Is it just a simulcast of those agencies' talkgroups on the 800 DTRS, or is there a 2 way link path between 800 and VHF? Roswell Fire does that with UHF and 800. Their dispatch calls go out on the Fulton TRS (which is still analog) and 460.6000 MHz (Roswell's repeater) at the same time. The UHF repeater and the Fire TG are linked together. They do that for the volunteers and for paging.

Yep, Cumming keeps the VHF up in case of a FUBAR. Forsyth Co FD keeps the VHF up so the volunteer firefighters can get paged out.
Larry

kc4wai

Yep, Cumming keeps the VHF up in case of a FUBAR.
Larry

A trunking system going FUBAR....noooo!! That never happens.

Sounds like Gwinnett could take a lesson or 2 from them. As far as I know, Gwinnett PD has no back up, except for fail soft. But hey just remember, digital 800 trunking is our salvation....right? All this time I've been drinking regular coffee when I should be drinking 'digital coffee'.

N8IAA

A trunking system going FUBAR....noooo!! That never happens.

Sounds like Gwinnett could take a lesson or 2 from them. As far as I know, Gwinnett PD has no back up, except for fail soft. But hey just remember, digital 800 trunking is our salvation....right? All this time I've been drinking regular coffee when I should be drinking 'digital coffee'.

Believe it or not, the old system is still on the air. Not being used, but on the air:) The most activity I monitor in Gwinnett, besides FD, is the school LTR system for the buses.
Larry

kc4wai

Huh. I didn't know Gwinnett's old legacy 800 system was still online. I'm guessing that all the agencies still have that in their radios as a back up. I thought the old system sounded great when it was used. I listened to it when I lived in Gwinnett a few years back. Even though they have talk groups on the DTRS, Lawrenceville PD uses 154.9050 (state band car-to-car) a lot. It's very active in that area. GCSO uses it too in their prisoner transport vans. I heard rumors that Snellville and Norcross may also be using it, but I haven't confirmed it.

N8IAA

Huh. I didn't know Gwinnett's old legacy 800 system was still online. I'm guessing that all the agencies still have that in their radios as a back up. I thought the old system sounded great when it was used. I listened to it when I lived in Gwinnett a few years back. Even though they have talk groups on the DTRS, Lawrenceville PD uses 154.9050 (state band car-to-car) a lot. It's very active in that area. GCSO uses it too in their prisoner transport vans. I heard rumors that Snellville and Norcross may also be using it, but I haven't confirmed it.

And GCPD uses other VHF frequencies as well.
Larry

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Gwinnett Analog TRS

Larry, do you know if they still have to pay Motherola for the analog TRS still being active? If so, that seems terribly wasteful, especially for a county that has such serious budget issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.