Fort Bend County

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Listening to the Fort Bend County Cinco Ranch area, will a GRE PSR-500 work okay to listen to the area public safety or would I need a Phase II like the Whistler TRX-1? I will be grateful if I can receive a Whistler TRX-1 file / GRE PSR-500 file of the area.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Ah... here is your post. Someone moved it.

You definitely want a P25 Phase 2 TDMA capable radio receiver for radio broadcasts in that vicinity.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Ft. Bend = Phase I

Listening to the Fort Bend County Cinco Ranch area, will a GRE PSR-500 work okay to listen to the area public safety or would I need a Phase II like the Whistler TRX-1? I will be grateful if I can receive a Whistler TRX-1 file / GRE PSR-500 file of the area.

At present, from what I am seeing in the RR DB, all of Ft. Bend County operates on Phase I digital as indicated by the presence of the "D" in the mode column. You can also hear Houston PD dispatch stations from your location as long as you use the sites with the government layers (see Wiki). My PSR 500 always worked like a champ in your area.

I just ran through Ft. Bend county when returning from the Galveston Mardi Gras. I was quite surprised to see that Galveston PD was using Phase II for some channels. In you area, I did not experience a great deal of linear simulcast distortion.

My PSR 500 is in need of yet another BNC module replacement. I am using my 436HP at present, but my PSR 500 worked great in Galveston until the antenna was moved. I will be sending this little boy in for repair.

I would be happy to construct a Win500 file if you tell me what you want to hear in the area. I have heard mixed reviews on the Whistler TRX-1. You see, I prefer GRE-Whistler branded radios; however, I am not sure whether linear simulcast distortion has been improved with the TRX-1. I do have a Ft. Bend load I can send you later tonight, but you will have to have Win500. You will also have to map this according to your wants and needs. But, I would be happy to help you out.

Be advised. In the future, you might be forced to buy a Phase II. You are fine for right now.

Last edited:

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I would be happy to construct a Win500 file if you tell me what you want to hear in the area. I have heard mixed reviews on the Whistler TRX-1. You see, I prefer GRE-Whistler branded radios; however, I am not sure whether linear simulcast distortion has been improved with the TRX-1. I do have a Ft. Bend load I can send you later tonight, but you will have to have Win500. You will also have to map this according to your wants and needs. But, I would be happy to help you out.

I am great full for your help. Let us PM.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I need: a) what agencies do you want to monitor; b) do you want to hear any of Harris county regarding agencies. Then, send PM with an email address. I can go on and forward my current Win500 file that you can open; however, I believe it is mapped in an odd way. I can send you a corresponding Word Document showing what is in each scan bank. Let me know. This weekend, I am going to be busy; however, it should not take too long to construct. Also, do you want me to include Federal? Typically, I separate the juicy channels such as surveillance or medical examiner talk groups separate from the rest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.