fort bend

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrf

Premium Subscriber
I have a pro 95 and a pro 96 RS scanners and both of these quit scanning last week , can anyone tell me if fort bend county ( Richnond and Rosenberg ) went to rebanding or what may have happened to both of these scanners, any help will be greatly appreciated , miss the scanners a bunch !!!

vrf

Premium Subscriber
Sorry , the location is in Texas , Thanks <

N5AMS

all of fort bend county and tower on the TxWARN alalog system has rebanded i know that the pro 95 will not do reband but the pro 96 will

here is the info on the analog system Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

and the info on rebanding Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

you can also goto the yahoo group in the houston area called houston scan here groups.yahoo.com/group/HoustonScan for local info on this stuff as well

hope this helps

vrf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the Info., I said that I had a pro 96 but it is a pro 97 , will this support rebanding .

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Arron I ran into your town in Feb of this year for a 2 day class stayed in the 610 exit 17b area. Man that placed has changed from the time I did truck pulls in the Astrodome in 1981 and 1982 and Gilleys was the real Gilleys. Leaving town at 3pm on a Friday afternoon was alot of fun glad I do not have to deal with the traffic like that on our calls.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks for the Info., I said that I had a pro 96 but it is a pro 97 , will this support rebanding .

If you read the rebanding article, you will know the answer to this question...the answer is no, it won't. Some of the frequencies for the Fort Bend sites have a '0' in the 4th decimal position, so the scanner won't be able to resolve this.

Time to upgrade...

best regards...Mike

N5AMS

Arron I ran into your town in Feb of this year for a 2 day class stayed in the 610 exit 17b area. Man that placed has changed from the time I did truck pulls in the Astrodome in 1981 and 1982 and Gilleys was the real Gilleys. Leaving town at 3pm on a Friday afternoon was alot of fun glad I do not have to deal with the traffic like that on our calls.

yea and i gotta deal with it daily but sadly no it will not as stated above but not to worry there are scanners that run from $200-$300 that will do reband i think radioshack even has a digital one for about $100 more that will as well as 700 mhz so you would be covered for the switch to p25 now there is p25 in place with the TxWARN P25 system having the capability of TDMA but i think that TDMA on the TxWARN p25 system is a ways away and the switch from the analog to the digital system is slowly coming in the houston area

DickH

As stated by Mike, the PRO-95 & 97 can still track any freq. in the 851-854 range that has a 5 in the 4th decimal place (like 851.2625), If it has a zero in that 4th place, the PRO-95 & 97 can NOT track those freqs. (like 851.0250).
I wish people would understand the correct info. about re-banding and not tell everyone their scanner won't work. It may work just fine on some systems.
In the system you monitor, it looks as if Site 5 can be monitored about 90% by PRo-95 & 97 scanners.

Last edited:

vrf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. , Do I need to enter all the frequncies or just the primary or control freq. , or can anyone tell me steps to enter these.Another option would be to buy another one from Radio Shack , what kind would be the one to get , does not have to be 1,000 channels.

Last edited:

DickH

Thanks for the info. , Do I need to enter all the frequncies or just the primary or control freq. , or can anyone tell me steps to enter these.Another option would be to buy another one from Radio Shack , what kind would be the one to get , does not have to be 1,000 channels.

I have step-by-step programming for both your scanners, but I can't attach them here and you will not accept e-mail. If you click on my name beside the pidture you can send me your e-mail address.

Status
Not open for further replies.