Fort Campbell KY Air Refueling Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to find the refueling frequencies for Green East & West tracks and Night Stalker East & West I have Dark Horse as 246.125 which is the only one I have been able to pick up from Southern Mid Tennessee. Any help would be appreciated.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Here are the resources...I have a newer AP-1/B - just look in the Mil Monitoring Forum and search "AP-1/B"

All CONUS training routes are in the AP-1/B. Also - look at the mid-back section for the Refueling Routes and reference...

The front section is more detailed, for the LOW/SLOW/IR-Night routes so look at each section in detail as some Radio Freq are embedded in the remarks / comments, etc..
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just an update/info for those whom are new and interested in Mil-Air Monitoring..

The latest AP-1/B is now available for the period March - 19 May 2022 (CONUS)
LINK: https://www.daip.jcs.mil/pdf/ap1b.pdf
- AR Tracks /MAPS
- UHF Radio Freq's for tanker operations (few VHF)
- FAA Center Entry / Exit / points radio freqs
- Training Routes (Low Level & NVG IR) and Freqs
- Some MOA
- Check the note areas for a few extra freqs..

As noted earlier thread, use the Special Use Airspace Map (text too) to look up Active / Planned AR Routes & MOA, etc..
LINK:
Special Use Airspace & Air Traffic Control Assigned Airspace

More Details, look at NOTAM site for details and exact timing..
LINK: Defense Internet NOTAM Service

Enjoy

Bill

fires999

Hi Bill,
Great info, do you happen to know if a version exists for UK/Europe similar to your CONUS version and where I would point my mouse please ?
Thanks in advance,
Kevin UK

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Kevin

Here are some nice links to research. The file I had is woefully outdated and just a lot of text - not set up like the AP-1/B per se. These LINKS and SEARCH Strings will get you some info and one or two have a small amount of Radio Frequencies embedded. The NATO and UK/EU Air Assets are very busy so have a look (if not already) at ADS-B Exchange site (once map opens CLICK on the "U" icon to see MIL AIR ONLY)...

Here are a few links to review:
UK / EU Links

AIR TO AIR REFUELLING AREAS (AARA)
https://www.aidu.mod.uk

Charts

ENR 5.2 MILITARY EXERCISE AND TRAINING AREAS AND AIR DEFENCE IDENTIFICATION ZONE (ADIZ)

Google search for: CHART OF UNITED KINGDOM AREAS OF INTENSE AIR ACTIVITY (AIAA) AND AERIAL TACTICS AREAS (ATA)

Google Search for:
UK Civil AIP ENR 5.2.

CONUS / EU Info Links

Flight Information Publications | Baseops

U.S. Military Training Routes (MTRs) and buffers | South Atlantic CPA

ForeFlight - Military Flight Bag

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/aim_html/chap9_section_1.html

Follow flight AP2 on AirNav RadarBox

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Also - From the text (footnotes) for Air Refueling (UK)

Note 1: (R) Receiver. (T) Tanker. Secondary A/A TACAN channels are the reverse of the primary channels.

Note 2: Swanwick (Mil); crews are strongly encouraged to file a Flight Plan; Swanwick (Mil) Flight Plan address EGZYOATT. Failure to file a Flight Plan may result in delays.

Note 3: Discrete Frequencies for AAR towline use are Primary 343.650, Secondary 264.925 and Tertiary 315.600.

Note 4: AARA 10 East and AARA 10 West. AARA 10 East is only available for Tanker-Trails routeing from UK to foreign destinations or vice versa. AARA 10 West is positioned clear of the main North/South Axis routes N862, (U)N864 and UN22 and is available for routine AAR sorties in UK. As AARA 10 and AARA 11 overlap, Tanker Plans will ensure that reservations are de-conflicted either by time or by use of different altitude reservations.

Note 5: AARA 13. Flight trial profiles may dictate that the RV takes place outside AARA 13. It remains the responsibility of the Tanker Controller to co-ordinate with other airspace users as necessary.

Note 6: In Areas designated as Permanently available for Air-to-Air Refuelling, the amount of warning concerning refuelling operations can be so minimal as to preclude notification by normal methods.

Note 7: Where Air-to-Air Refuelling Areas conflict with Airways, Advisory Routes or Upper Air Routes, civil / military co-ordination procedures are applied to minimise disruption to the planned flight profiles or the aircraft concerned.

Note 8: Where AARAs are required between FL 195 and FL 245 outside the normal hours of TRAs 001-008 (See ENR 5.2-2/3), the appropriate TRAs are booked via the MAMC - Managed Airspace before 1100 hours at D-1.

fires999

Bill/Forum users,
Wow !! Tanks so much !!! The info is invaluable and I will be digesting it all this weekend whilst I'm off duty.
Really appreciate it , this forum never ceases to amaze me with the amount of knowledge you guys have !!!
Thanks again , be safe
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.