Fort Collins and Loveland Police on Pro 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

keef

Hi Guys,

Kind of a newbie here, but I just got a Pro 18. Will I be able to pick up Fort Collins and Loveland Police on this scanner? A forum search didn't immediately point to any threads discussing this, at least any that I understand. Thanks.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
It's a new radio so there hasn't been a lot of discussion history.
But the specs say it should.

Of course since you didn't give your location, it's possible that you're posting from someplace where you CAN'T receive those agencies because you're too far away. (you should consider fixing that in your profile so folks can help you better)

rickak

Yep, my PSR-800 works great for picking up Larimer county agencies. Just be sure to not scan too many control channels. Two or three max. You'll need to experiment to see what control channels are strongest at your location.

nathancarlson

I would highly suggest starting with more control channels and keep an eye on which ones are being used, and which ones you are able to pick up from your location. Then you can reduce them, or make lists or banks according to the areas you frequent. Thats a handheld unit, so you likely won't be fixed in one spot, right? I commute from Longmont to Loveland every day, and go up to Fort Collins frequently for family. I have the pro 106. To reduce the control channels I have two different talk systems that I lock and unlock (I am not sure how it will work with this new scanner, but you may want to note what control channels work in what area) as I move through the areas, but the control channels have pretty good range! I would start with Bald North. I get a lot of traffic (CSP, Fort Collins, Larimer County) on that. When I am in North West Fort Collins I usually get more traffic on PVH, and Horsetooth. From Longmont I hear Larimer SO on Buckhorn and Bald North. Hope this helps! Enjoy your new radio!

Status
Not open for further replies.