Fort Hood (26 April 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
After a year and a half away from scanning I am back from the Killeen area. I just purchased a PRO 197 scanner to listen to Fort Hoods UHF P25 system. Now I have to get used to using scanner with object scanning so I am programmed up with WIN500. So far I only hear limited clear communications. My question who is all encrypted on Fort hood's system?

Glenn

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
After I finally updated the firmware for my GRE-PSR 500, and re-loaded the Ft. Hood P25 system, I've not heard any encryption being used. Now, I am able to monitor "range control." But, I find this rather boring. I've not monitored the MP's or anything interesting.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
There are a ton of unidentified talk groups. Maybe you could help ID those talkgroups. I only get to listen once or twice every two weeks for about an hour while passing through Bell County, so I haven't been much help identifying the usage.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I am new to this regarding identification of talk groups, but I will start to gather data. Generally speaking, I travel to Killeen every two weeks or so. So, I will start monitoring the talk groups. The other day, I monitored Range maintenance, but did not write down the TG. I will help by finding out this information. Do you recommend that I put this GRE PSR 500 into Wildcard mode to find out additional talkgroups?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Response to Ft. Hood Talk Groups

The presence of encryption might explain why I've not heard more of these talk groups in the Fort Hood area such as the MP's. With Win500, there is a part that says, "ignore encryption" or something like that. Thanks for you response.

Status
Not open for further replies.