Fort Hood 380 MHz P25 system changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Fort Hood Check

I go to work in Temple. I am unfamiliar with Unitrunker. I see that only one of my radios will work on this system. I have a GRE PSR 500. Can I obtain the same information with Pro96com? I don't know how to operate the analysis function in my 436HP, but I can try. I hardly ever listen to Ft. Hood. I am still concentrating on locking out unwanted talk groups while I search for new talk groups or attempt to verify the ones I have already found for Bell County.

nd5y

I haven't used Pro96com but I think it shows the same system data sent on a control channel.

This morning there was a good tropo opening and I thought I was picking up Fort Hood control channels.
Unless they made changes to the system or moved it to one of the DoD nationwide systems it looks like I was really getting Fort Polk, LA, but its db entry is lacking a lot of info.

Still it would be nice if somebody could verify the db info for Fort Hood is correct, I have not received it in over 4 years and Unitrunker was way buggier back then. There could be errors or changes.

I forgot about neighbor sites in my first post. That is also good info to help ID unknown systems during band openings.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I will give it a go on Monday when I return to the area. I am going to dust off my PSR 500 and see if it still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.