Fort Leonard Wood Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaLa

Doesn't look like anybody submitted anything about the system.

Is there a reason why there might be some kind of repeater at the St. Johns Hospital in Lebanon, Mo?

I can actually pick this system up pretty good in various areas in Lebanon. close to the hospital.
As well as close to where I work (near the VF Outlet Mall).

I can even pick it up as far West as Conway, Mo, which is where I live.
Usually I don't get too good of a signal in the garage with the door closed but I was just listening to it.
I am using a Trunklip Mount with an Antennex 450-470 (1/4 wave) antenna, can't think of the model # off hand.

jayres

Premium Subscriber
The only thing on the tower at St. Johns Lebanon is all VHF stuff at the moment, nothing from the fort. There will be a UHF repeater going up before too long in the area (maybe at the hospital, maybe not) for ground to air comms with Lifeline Aircraft.

jayres

Premium Subscriber
They may have actually built a decent system :p ! I know that I can hear the Springfield/Greene County System here in Lebanon on a portable, but the FLW System is 400 so that would allow for better distance.

I know with their old EDACS System they had some issues with coverage off post, particularly when the FLW Fire went off post on mutual aid assignments. Maybe they decided that having some surrounding coverage would also be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.