Fort Lupton Head on MVA 2 Fatal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I was going to see if I could get a little bit more info on the this. What I have so far since I havn't been around to hear a call, that its a Head on MVA on Hwy 52 just outside of Fort Lupton to the east. What I have over heard from Medevac 1 and 2 is they have transported 2 trauma reds to NCMC, 3 persons in the one car 2 of which fatal. Took 25mins to extricate one person from other car. Still on going as they clean up and keep traffic back.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
FORT LUPTON – Two children were killed and four adults were injured after three cars were involved in two crashes on Saturday night.
Advertisement

The two accidents happened on Highway 52, just east of Roland Avenue around 9:30 p.m.

Fort Lupton Police say the first crash happened when a silver Toyota and a white Toyota crashed head-on, killing the two small children inside the silver Toyota. Authorities say they believe the children were 4 and 5 years old.

The man who was driving the silver Toyota had to be airlifted to the hospital and a woman who was his passenger was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, according to police.

After the initial accident, other people stopped to help the victims. Police say that's when a silver Honda, heading west on Highway 52 was unable to stop and avoid the crash and hit the white Toyota.

The woman who was driving the white Toyota was then pinned in her vehicle for 30 to 40 minutes and the Fort Lupton Fire Department had to use special equipment to extricate her, according to authorities.

When she was freed, she had to be taken by helicopter to Greeley Medical Center with serious injuries, police say.

According to authorities, a passenger in the silver Honda was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Police say all the passengers who were taken to the hospital in an ambulance did not appear to be seriously injured.

Police say at this time, they do not suspect alcohol or drugs were involved in the crash. Authorities are also unclear at this time whether everyone involved was wearing a seatbelt, as witnesses had pulled most of the victims out of the cars before police arrived.

Authorities say this is the second serious accident in the same location in the past couple months. No one was killed in the previous crash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.