Fort Mitchell Police Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

kymarkh

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to find the frequency for Fort Mitchell Police. I've found Fire-Tac and Public Services in RadioReference.com but not Police. Are they covered under Kenton County or some other locality?

Hop763

Premium Subscriber
Kenton Co. Is on the new P25 700/800 trucking system. Your will need an Uniden sds100 or sds200 scanner to listen. They are on a simulcast system.

Reconrider

Well that settles that then! Will start saving my lunch money then. Thanks.
If you don’t need a portable system, get an sdr. It’s a hell of a lot cheaper.
amazon has the rtl sdr kit for about 35$(get 2. 1 works but 2 is better for trunking) and you can either use unitrunker for free or get dadplus fastlane. For 1 year of updates it’s 10$ or lifetime it’s 25$.
You don’t need the sds series, it’s just better. The 325 also works on simulcast but not as easily.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to find the frequency for Fort Mitchell Police. I've found Fire-Tac and Public Services in RadioReference.com but not Police. Are they covered under Kenton County or some other locality?
fort mitchell is on kenton co north dispatch , on the new northern ky p25 system

Remington12G

GØT AES?
If you don’t need a portable system, get an sdr. It’s a hell of a lot cheaper.
I 100% second this. It's way more affordable. SDRTrunk is no longer a pain to set up since Java is now included, DSD+ FL is also a great program and way easier. Get your self 2 dongles and enjoy

Reconrider

I 100% second this. It's way more affordable. SDRTrunk is no longer a pain to set up since Java is now included, DSD+ FL is also a great program and way easier. Get your self 2 dongles and enjoy
I still have issues getting sdrtrunk setup lol.
DSD was super easy - read the notes.txt file and you're good to go.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
DSD FL and SDRTrunk are great cheaper alternatives and are budget friendly alternatives to scanners and might be a good investment while you save up money for a fancy scanner. I ran SDRTrunk and DSD for a year and a half until I had enough money to purchase a Unication G4 pager

Reconrider

DSD FL and SDRTrunk are great cheaper alternatives and are budget friendly alternatives to scanners and might be a good investment while you save up money for a fancy scanner. I ran SDRTrunk and DSD for a year and a half until I had enough money to purchase a Unication G4 pager
I have at least 4 scanner, and I still run dsd / unitrunker just to TGID log

kymarkh

Premium Subscriber
I actually have an RTL-SDR Blog dongle hooked up to an old laptop but had a hard time getting the software set up correctly. I was not using SDRTrunk however, was using SDR#. Will try again

kymarkh

Premium Subscriber
sdrtrunk is installed and detected the dongle - just figured out how to add the P25-1 and P25-2 systems but have only heard one or two calls so far after an hour or so. Need to keep experimenting with the software and with the included antenna but so far so good - just need to figure out how to add the non-P25 stuff now.. Was unable to get DSDPlus up and running but may spend some more time on that later. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'm still planning on picking up a handheld so I'm not limited by the laptop.

Last edited:

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
How well does the P25RX perform against the SDS
I personally don't have an sds to test it against but the users who do have said it works just as well or better. Wish I could remember which page(s) of that thread the reports are on so I could give you a specific reference. I can say that the p25rx far out preforms my bcd996xt and gre psr 600. The developer of it is listening to requests and updating very regularly. For something that started with just p25 phase 1 support not long ago, it has grown substantially since its release.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
If you are going to use software like SDRTrunk or TrunkRecorder you will get the best results with 3 dongles. Each dongle covers +/- 2.4 MHz of spectrum and with the NKY TRS running from 769-775 MHz you will need 3 dongles to cover the complete range of spectrum.

It will work okay with 2 dongles but you will likely miss some calls, with 3 dongles you will be able to capture every call on the system.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
As for Fort Mitchell Police as was mentioned here they are dispatched by Kenton County on the 59 NORTH DISP (30004) talk group. They also have 59FT MTCHLL PD (30022) for a police "car to car" talk group.
59FT MTCHLL PD - 30022
59FT MTCHLL FD - 30057
59FT MTCHLL PW - 30124

Status
Not open for further replies.