Fort Sill National Cemetery

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

I was at Fort Sill National Cemetery today (Memorial Day) and got a strong P25 signal on 169.5875 on the the 396T but could not put it in digital mode fast enough to figure out what it was or if it was real or an image. After I programmed it I never heard it again. Somebody around Lawton / Elgin / Fletcher / Medicine Park should check it out and see if you hear anything.

A few years ago when I was there the staff had Motorola radios with VHF antennas and no display or keypad. I didn't see anybody today.

wtp

the T does not have an option for analog or digital.
it just decodes it and you hear it.
unless it was not P-25 or was phase 2.

nd5y

the T does not have an option for analog or digital.
it just decodes it and you hear it.
If you have CTCSS/DCS search on, like I did at the time, then it will not receive P25.
If you have CTCSS/DCS off then it receives P25 (and analog).
I could tell by the sound that it was a P25 non-trunked repeater.

wtp

i am the guy that gets the frequency first and them worries about the other stuff.
and yes i forgot about that.
and could it be just conventional or the input to a repeater ?

nd5y

It had about 2 seconds of the distinctive hang time sound that P25 conventional repeaters make (if they have hang time). I don't know if it was the national cemetery, the nearby USACOE lake, the nearby NWR or maybe FBI or ICE. Its not as likely that FBI or ICE would be working on Memorial Day, the others would be busy. It might also be an Indian tribe or something at Ft. Sill that isn't on the trunked system.

Last edited:

wtp

one of the best things on that radio, ok some others have it, is the search and store even for close call.
i just walk the mall here, sit down and have dinner and see what i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.