Fort Smith On AWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrish04

heard fort smith pd on awin today tg 31201 not sure if that will be there tg or just testing on it, sounded like a simulcast off 453.650 heard same traffic on both channels.

Also heard Fort Smith fire on 31261 there were having problems with there paging system, and were having to page on the old system

josephdavis13

I am seeing on this web link below, that Fort Smith is listed on the EDACS System. I see no Talk Group ID's. I remember over a year ago Fort Smith had funding approved for a new radio system. However it was never said what type of system Fort Smith was buying. I am wondering, if they decided to use this EDACS System, along with Hartford, Barling and Fort Chaffee?

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2241

wearj

Fort Smith

I heard the same thing. I think this will be the actual talk group ID's. It sounds like they are working on getting channel two up too.

chrish04

josephdavis13 said:
I am seeing on this web link below, that Fort Smith is listed on the EDACS System. I see no Talk Group ID's. I remember over a year ago Fort Smith had funding approved for a new radio system. However it was never said what type of system Fort Smith was buying. I am wondering, if they decided to use this EDACS System, along with Hartford, Barling and Fort Chaffee?

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2241

Westark EMS is the only thing in Fort Smith that uses EDACS, they have a tg on AWIN also, Fort Smith has never been on EDACS when you see Fort Smith, Hartford,Barling, And Fort Chaffee those are only the locations of the EDACS towers around Sebastian Co. Before Sebastian CO So switched to AWIN they never used EDACS they used 800mzh conventional.Only a few small towns used EDACS and had a patch, to the SO for dispatch

josephdavis13

The reason I used the web link with the Fort Smith, Hartford, Barling and Fort Chaffee, was because I saw Fort Smith with frequency association. I also thought that Fort Smith Public Service might have wanted to save money piggy backed with the EDACS system. My mistake.

Can anyone say with AWIN site, that you heard the Fort Smith PD communications from?

chrish04

Heard FSPD Channel 2 which is records today, but it sounded digital so i dont know whats going on with that all the other AWIN channels were coming in fine expect that channel, i hope they are not Encrypted, if they are they would be the first on AWIN to do that

Last edited:

chrish04

Was at the air show today and got a new tg for the database 18614 Seb CO OEM OPS 3 they were using it there for Cert members, and EMS around the Air Base

Status
Not open for further replies.