Fort Walton Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

Hi, Im Jerry from Louisiana and in June I will be visiting my mother in Ft Walton Beach.
I see a lot of VHF & UHF for fire and EMS is there anything else I need to ad to my BCD396T?
Is the database correct?
Jerry

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Hi. Jerry. EMS is on SLERS. Can't hear them. All the rest of the info on the database is fairly current. There is a lot of amatuer radio operators in area. 144 MHZ to 148 MHZ. A little in the 444 MHZ to 448 MHZ.

the old ranger

cajunjerry

Well thanks Old Ranger: Now I find out its against the law to have my scanner & 2 way in my truck in Fla. I have Red lights and all..Well its too much work to take them out.I will just have to chance it..

jason51

I believe in Florida, you are exempt from the scanner in vehicle law if you are Fire, EMS, Police or Ham radio operator. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I have never had a problem in Florida.

wise871

Database Admin
If your comming to the area you may also want to program the U.S. Dept. of Defense: Southeastern Region control channels. There is a lot to listen too. You would want site 104 and 105 CC.

cajunjerry

Thanks all.I emailed the state police and as long as I have my fire dept ID I will be fine.

I was going to program in the dept of Defence but on Eglin most of it says encript.
Jerry

gcr33

Florida does not have a state police only a Highway Patrol and the Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement.

Maintain a low profile, keep the scanner down and you will not have a problem.

Keep the sun screen on.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all.I emailed the state police and as long as I have my fire dept ID I will be fine.

I was going to program in the dept of Defence but on Eglin most of it says encript.
Jerry

I don't have any of that and so far have been ok. I try to just go with the flow but better to be safe than sorry i guess. Your right about Eglin. The only thing to listen to really on their TRS is the ground handling TG's. Apparently Police/Fire/EMS and even the emergeny net (aircraft emergencies) they feel the need to encrypt day to day communications (not National Security related). When i was at the airshow on occasion you'd hear someone in the "action" talk groups in the clear but it won't last for long. The same goes for Hurlburt Field too.

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
programming pro 97.

I have a pro 97 triple tracker 1000 channel. Has anyone here in the local area Fort Walton Beach have their pro 97 programed for the trunked frequencies in the area. Is it worth the money to get the software. I already have the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.