Fort Wayne Zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddogdecker

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if someone could tell me how the mapped out Ft. Wayne? Like where does North East start & end North West start & end South East start & end South West start & end. Or is there a map out there that has that info?

mak260

I've been attempting to bring up the website on which I saw the sector map for Fort Wayne, but the site is down.

Essentially, if you start downtown at the corner of Clinton and Washington, consider that the center point. All police responses north of Washington street are handled by the north units, all responses south of Washington street are handled by the south units.

Originally when the city made the switch to the 800 MHz digital trunked system they planned on separating all police responses into the four quadrants (NW, NE, SW, SE). That's why there are four police dispatch channels. That idea was scrapped, and they decided that the west channels (NW & SW) would be primary dispatch for north and south, and the east channels (NE & SE) would be car-to-car channels for the corresponding north & south units.

If the site with the sector map comes back online soon I'll post the link to it.

mak260
"Mark"

mak260

Fort Wayne Fire Zones

This may help a little. The first two digits of the zone indicate the nearest fire station to the address. Here's an example:

Zone 1008

That means that fire station 10 (Anthony & Crescent) is closest to the address.

Zone 0702

Station 7 (Spring & Lindenwood)

Etc.

As far as the last two digits, those are sub-divided from the primary zone. I'm sure there's a map somewhere for it. I'll keep looking.

Hope this helps somewhat.
mak260
"Mark"

maddogdecker

Premium Subscriber
Mak260 do u have the list of stations for Fort Wayne? I don't have a clue of where all the stations are at. I may only know a few of them. So your advice would work if I knew where the stations where. Does anybody know if there is a map of the fire stations out there anywhere? I'm sure there is somewere. Anybody knows please let me know. Trying to learn ft. wayne and where everything is.

mak260

Fort Wayne Fire Stations

http://www.fwfd.org/stations.html

Two stations don't show their addresses, for some reason:

Station 7 -- Spring & Lindenwood
Station 8 -- Rothman & Sunderland

Stations 18 and 19 were built in Aboite Township for the city annexation in January 2006.
http://www.fwfd.org/news_article.html?id=1129054553
Station 18 -- 10805 Liberty Mills Road
Station 19 -- 10116 Covington Road

Station 3 isn't listed. Unofficially it's the fire museum at Washington & Webster.

The fire academy is located at Dwenger & Edsall.

The Chief's office and fire apparatus shop are located at 307 Murray Street.
Any further questions regarding the FWFD can be answered by calling 427-1170.

mak260
"Mark"

Last edited:

maddogdecker

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know where I can get a good map of Ft. Wayne on the net? I have looked at mapquest and google maps not really a big help to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.