Fort Worth Digital System - FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguru

I think Cleburne FD might have at the same time, my analog scanner is totally dead now!

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
Having a problem hearing FWFD in Bedford on my Pro-106. Haven't had time to work out the programming yet, getting very low signal strength on control channel.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I have to use a yagi and find a sweet spot to point it to. For me in 40W, I am pointing it SW, and getting better results. Unfortunately, handheld and even mobile scanning probably won't be possible with current scanner technology, unless you do something with the antenna.

Having a problem hearing FWFD in Bedford on my Pro-106. Haven't had time to work out the programming yet, getting very low signal strength on control channel.

techguru

Hey Tech, it looks like they have. There is an entry in the DB for them.

Only analog activity I'm finding in JC now is JCFD-Alarm on 154.145 and I believe it's SIMPLEX as I only hear the dispatcher and sometimes static at the times someone would be replying.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Not in this case. We're in between several simulcast sites, about equal distance. An Omni isn't going to allow you to favor one site over another, which is what needs to happen to keep the scanner from getting confused from several signals coming in at close to the same, but not exactly the same time.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Not in this case. We're in between several simulcast sites, about equal distance. An Omni isn't going to allow you to favor one site over another, which is what needs to happen to keep the scanner from getting confused from several signals coming in at close to the same, but not exactly the same time.

Have you by any chance tried one of the x36-series scanners? They work amazingly well on the simulcast systems in the Houston area.

techguru

So lockout those freqs or prog the scanner to only use one site. That's what I do with Unitrunker.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I really am within range of several sites, and they all come in about equal I guess. I can actually receive Johnson county, on the other side of Tarrant county better. The X36s are better, but they still miss a lot of activity if you don't have an antenna in a sweet spot.

That sucks...but I guess you know that. :D

Which really intrigues me. I wonder what is so different between the systems?

jasday

While mobile, on a 996xt and a Larson Triband, the Fort Worth site is deffinetly hit or miss on the north side (just south of Cabelas and around town). The multi sites on the Fort Worth layers are deffinetly messing with each other. It's interesting that the signal will just drop out when I'm getting a great decode, even while sitting still. The plus side, is that the Mansfield site is now loud and clear with no issues up here.

techguru

It's simulcast, meaning the same frequencies are used at more than one site.

Um, don't look like it to me?

2ed9wkg.jpg

Fort Worth Regional Radio System Trunking System, Tarrant, Johnson Counties, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Am I missing something?

Unless you're use is mobile, you should program your scanner to only use one site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.