Fort Worth Fire Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I'm brand new to the area.

I've programmed my scanner and I'm getting all sorts of traffic from the Fort Worth system. I programmed all of the listed FD talkgroups, and closed the bank, I've been monitoring for several hours... and I have not heard one peep.

Am I missing something?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm brand new to the area.

I've programmed my scanner and I'm getting all sorts of traffic from the Fort Worth system. I programmed all of the listed FD talkgroups, and closed the bank, I've been monitoring for several hours... and I have not heard one peep.

Am I missing something?
Which scanner, Jason?

My reception on Fort Worth is somewhat limited, since I'm in Dallas, and usually on the ragged edge of the system's range, except when I'm over in Tarrant County or the mid-cities, or passing through headed west. But when I am in range, I hear the fire traffic without a problem. Since you're hearing other traffic on the system (I presume either Ft W PD, Tarrant County S.O., or maybe some of the other cities), you have to have the correct frequencies in there, so that makes it a head scratcher.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Oh, and BTW, welcome "home" Jason. :lol:

Thanks Lou!

I'm using a Radio Shack Pro-163, and I'm not far from downtown. I'm getting a 99% decode on the control channel and I was getting several TG's from FWPD and some water treatment plant in the brief few moments I monitored it.

I'll double check everything when I get back... I'm stuck in Oklahoma for the night

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm using a Radio Shack Pro-163, and I'm not far from downtown. I'm getting a 99% decode on the control channel and I was getting several TG's from FWPD and some water treatment plant in the brief few moments I monitored it.

I'll double check everything when I get back... I'm stuck in Oklahoma for the night
The only water treatment talkgroup normally active on this system is 1616, Village Creek Waste Water Treatment Plant

The other Ft W/Tarrant County system backs up the public safety one, but has only one transmit location near downtown. Hopefully, that's not overloading your scanner.

As I don't have a 163 (or one of it's related models) to check personally, the only other thing that comes to mind is that the scan list, for the Ft W/TC bank, which contains the Ft W FD talkgroups got accidentally locked out. I was over in Coppell, near DFW Airport, and put my 396XT on system hold for this TRS. It was not a real busy afternoon, but I was hearing normal traffic, from the initial dispatch, to units checking en-route, and later clearing. At home, except for a couple of scanners on rooftop antennas, I'm basically out of range of this system; just too weak, regardless of which scanner.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The FWFD is very active on the system at all times of day. Double check your settings, etc.

Hence the reason for this thread. :roll:

When I got here I had initialized my radio back to factory settings then programmed in the CC's. When I was satisfied that I was receiving traffic from Fort Worth, I began programming TG information for only the FWFD. Once I had all of the TG's from the RRDB in there, I closed the bank and the radio was silent.

I think when I get back, Ill set up unitrunker and start logging traffic to see if it is just me or what...

Last edited:

n5ims

Hence the reason for this thread. :roll:

When I got here I had initialized my radio back to factory settings then programmed in the CC's. When I was satisfied that I was receiving traffic from Fort Worth, I began programming TG information for only the FWFD. Once I had all of the TG's from the RRDB in there, I closed the bank and the radio was silent.

I think when I get back, Ill set up unitrunker and start logging traffic to see if it is just me or what...

Did you remember to make any necessary changes required by their rebanding?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Control Channels have changed with in the last 60 days. Have you updated what is in the scanner?
I think Jason must have the correct control channels, since he's indicated receiving FWPD & other traffic,, just not Ft Worth FD. That's why my guess (since I don't have that scanner) is a talkgroup entry issue, as opposed to frequency/trunking setup.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I figured it out...

Sometimes I hate tabbed browsing... I had FW Services open... And FW Public Safety...

Programmed SERVICES, but didnt realize because I had all kinds of FWPD traffic... I have it now. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.