Fort Worth: Panther Dispatch / Bass Enterprises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Bass Etnerprises

jon_k said:
Anyone know what the Panther Dispatch channel is on the Bass Enterprises motorola typeii system is?

Is this security in the Sundance Square area?

I am pretty sure that system is for the Sundance Square area. I am not sure where each of the base/dispatches are for though.

Matt

SCPD

QRT
Origionally I helped establish that system in the DB. I know there are some contracted security on there. but for such a large system it seems lightly used. Sort of like the Texas Instruments 800 system, not heavily trafficed.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Texas Instruments

MaxTracker said:
Origionally I helped establish that system in the DB. I know there are some contracted security on there. but for such a large system it seems lightly used. Sort of like the Texas Instruments 800 system, not heavily trafficed.

I work at Texas Instruments and they don't use an 800Mhz system here in any of the three campuses in North Texas (Dallas, Plano, Lewisville) anymore, everybody uses Nextel including security and maintenance.

Matt

jon_k

af5rn said:
Minus 5 for un-approved abbreviations.

What is "the DB"?

RR Database I believe. It's how I got started here.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/

MaxTracker said:
Origionally I helped establish that system in the DB.

Thanks for establishing this part of the database. How did you ever determine the purpose of those talkgroup ids? I've discovered a few (conventional freqs) myself, but it's hard to determine the purpose of a frequency to name it and submit. It would seem impossible to determine something is NE Patrol or NE Dispatch. You'd have to log street names dispatched for a month to determine it was in the NE.

I've submitted a few conventional municipality frequencies I've discovered (North Hills Hospital, NRH Animal Control). Hopefully they get approved and added.

I know there are some contracted security on there. but for such a large system it seems lightly used. Sort of like the Texas Instruments 800 system, not heavily trafficed.

Noticed this myself. Wonder if they're utilizing something conventional as well or something. Perhaps I should take my camera on top of a garage in Sundance (as they really crack down on photographers on private property there.) and see if any activity shows up on the radio to shoo me off. On second thought probably not, if they found out I was scanning they may lock down their trunk from outsiders/scanners in retrospect.

Nice to chat with a couple of fellow scanners. Hopefully I can identify more freq's in my area!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
af5rn said:
Minus 5 for un-approved abbreviations.

What is "the DB"?

I got your un-approved abbreviation!

Its pretty easy to figure out something is Designated NE Dispatch or Patrol if all the mobile units are confined to the NE area. Yes listening does help in determining what or who a talkgroup or frequency belongs to.

The Old TI system was a puzzling beast! it took a few weeks to get the fleetmap correct. Living virtually under the main tower helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.