fort worth pd trunked frequency emmits loud screaching noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolarisd

i have my pro-96 programmed with fort worths public safty Motorola Type II Smartnet,i only entered the control channels,trunking is on,and the scanners trunks just fine,but thers one frequency that when it stops on has a loud screaching sound,and i can still hear the conversation in the back ground,and its the only frequency that does it(867.21250)all others are nice and clear,this is a very anoying problem and i dont no how to fix it,any sugestions ?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference tolarisd!

What happens if you put the frequency in the radio as a conventional channel? Do you still hear the screech sound? Are you using power from batteries or an AC adapter?

If it does it with the batteries, try the adapter, or switch batteries and see if it makes a difference.

If this still occurs, I would post in the Texas forum to see if others in your area have experienced this problem.

fineshot1

IIRC from my past trips to the DFW area its a pretty dense rf environment.

It's possible the op is experiencing front end overload or intermod on this one
freq in the system. Could be a mix of this one freq and another strong signal
from perhaps another very strong nearby 800Mhz transmitter.

Just a thought.....

tolarisd

pro-96 trunking issue on fort worth pd freq.

im using batteris ,dont have an a/c adapter yet,im about 45 miles away from fort worth,i have a yagi antenna 35 feet up on a push up pole tuned to the 866-867 freq,i tried the same antenna on a pro-2006 plugged into the wall,and a pro-51 on battteries ,and a bct-15 on ac-power all on freq. 867.21250 and no interference at all,it seems to be the pro-96 which is kinda a bummer because i bought the pro-96 to take with me to fort worth.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Did you try the 867.2125 frequency in the Pro-96 as conventional to see if it still occurs?

With a low voltage from a weak battery it could be possible to get a screech sound, but I suspect what fineshot1 mentioned, overloading of the radio. At 45 miles I'm not sure you can get the control channel or voice channels via line of sight, but you may want to try the original antenna to see if it still happens or try using attenuation.

tolarisd

pro-96

well im sending back the scanner for a replacement to see if its just the scanner or a pro-96 issue,i dont go to fort worth very often so i cant test the stock antenna.ive tried the same yagi on my bct15 and i dont have any problems,ive also tried a 2006 and a pro-51 and no problems there either.the pro-96 performs very well on digital,analog,and even the trunking system in fort worth,its just that one frquency that does it,867.21250 ,all of the other frequecies on that system come in nice and clear.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It is the PRO-96

There's a "birdie" issue in that frequency range in the PRO-96 that causes grief from 867.20625 through 867.23125 with the worst of it on 867.225. 867.2125 is unfortunately impacted by this.

Once rebanding is completed that range will no longer apply to public safety.

tolarisd

pro- 96 update

well i got my replacement pro-96 in today,programed it with fort worths truncking control channels,waited for it to stop on the frequency i had problems on 867.21250,it did, and comes in nice and clear,same antenna,not sure if it was the other radio or not but every thing is working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.