Fort Worth PD will switch to P25 system 01/16/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Deeply Encrypted?

Look for FWPD to move to the new system on Monday. FWFD will transition in Feb.

I've heard rumors and seen posts regarding Ft. Worth's tendency to employ encryption. Others have reported that the "E" mode for FW PD is intermittent regarding encryption. We shall see what happens. I'm thankful I live in a city that employs sensible encryption, for what you would expect, narcotics & SWAT.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Heard FWFD do an All Call announcement last evening, advising of a test switch over to the digital system to take place this Sunday 1-5-14, did not mention a time. All handhelds, station radios and apparatus radios will be tested.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Was the testing in the Clear? I was working and could hear them on analog but only had one P25 site loaded in my handheld. I was hoping the reason I could not hear them was because they were on another site.

jasday

Just heard FWFD announce that they are switching to the P25 system at 0900hrs, presuming for testing purposes as "companies assigned to incidents already will not participate".

M_T

Does anyone know if the Fort Worth Marshals Office will move to the P25 system and if they do, will the be encrypted?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Not certain, but I believe they have already moved, and are encrypted. Today South and East divisions should switch over to digital, if they haven not already.

Does anyone know if the Fort Worth Marshals Office will move to the P25 system and if they do, will the be encrypted?

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Just saw this new FCC lic for this p25 system

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WNXE704 - FORT WORTH, CITY OF

please park it on the CC and run pro96com for us and cofrim if these new sites are on the air

Some of these freqs are already in use on the new and old systems. Some look like additional simulcast sites -or- moving freqs from the old to the new system -or- prep to set up to move the Public Service system to P25.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
Some of these freqs are already in use on the new and old systems. Some look like additional simulcast sites -or- moving freqs from the old to the new system -or- prep to set up to move the Public Service system to P25.

Nice. this reg system is going to be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.