Fort Worth Police patrol units are changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

225Texas

They keep getting smaller every time. Soon, we'll be driving those Wal-Mart Security Carts to save gas money.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Fort Worth PD's new look

That looks pretty good. Seems interesting to see alot of police depts going to the black & white paint scheme.
Any Dodge Chargers down that way?

redhelmet13

The Chevy's are not the front line units - they are for the school officers, supervisors and such... I hear Chargers might be the direction they decide to pursue (no pun intended).

I hope they do go with the Chargers - they are really awsome!

PortCop

gpp10x said:
That looks pretty good. Seems interesting to see alot of police depts going to the black & white paint scheme.
Any Dodge Chargers down that way?

It's a Homeland Security thing. For "interoperability" purposes, they'd like all local police departments to be black and white, and will buy departments the cars. So many departments are opting in to get a new fleet free of charge.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Fort Worth PD's new look

PortCop said:
It's a Homeland Security thing. For "interoperability" purposes, they'd like all local police departments to be black and white, and will buy departments the cars. So many departments are opting in to get a new fleet free of charge.

Thanks PortCop.

I posed that question to a friend not long ago, we both wondered if it had anything to do with federal money.

bpckty1

"I like the paint scheme, but that is one ugly car."

I vote for the Crown Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.