Fort Worth Regional Radio System(Grapevine PD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanfan79

Anyone listening to Grapevine PD on the Fort Worth system? Just moved here and I'm curious if a phase II scanner is required. Thank You.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I listen to it all the time on a 436 & 536 Uniden along with other agencies. I seldom pay any attention to the screen so I don't know if any of Grapevine TGs are Phase II. The database lists only D (digital) and not T (TDMA).

Irving (PD &FD) and Arlington FD are listed as T. If you can receive Irving it gets interesting sometimes for drug activity surveillances and warrant arrests.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The FWRRS is a Phase 2 system but as far as I know, Grapevine uses phase 1 on their Northeast Tarrant site https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=22651. You can use a phase 1 capable scanner to listen to Grapevine but if the choose to upgrade to phase 2, you'd have to get a scanner that does phase 2.
FWRRS 'identifies' itself as Phase II on the control channel data stream. However, at this time, most users are P25 Phase 1.

Layer's 1, 2 (sites 001-1 and 001-2) have various Fort Worth and Tarrant County departments, as well s the smaller municipalities. Site 001-6, Texas Motor Speedway, has interop TGID's, and would carry event related traffic at TMS. these are currently P25 Phase I.

Site 001-3, NETCO, is the replacement for the old Northeast Tarrant County system- Bedford, Euless, Grapevine, and others on this site are currently Phase I.

Sites 001-4 and 001-9, are used by Johnson County, also currently using Phase I.

Site 001-5 is used by Mansfield, Phase I traffic

Sites 001-7 and 001-8 are used by Grand Prairie and Arlington respectively. These use Phase II talkgroups.

Site 001-10 will be used by Midlothian 7 Red Oak. Not in full operation yet, unsure whether it will be Phase I or II yet.

Site 002-1 is used by Irving, and is Phase II.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
ScanFan79,

As you get into the FWRRS database make note of the mode column for "E" and "e". That talk group will be encrypted. Fort Worth PD is mostly 'dark'.

Northeast Tarrant (Site 3) which includes Grapevine is in the clear.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.