Fort Worth Regional Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I see where DPS Mineral Wells has a talk group. Does anyone monitor them on this system?

It's pretty boring and it's only on the Johnson County simulcast site. I've never heard a unit and only DPS Mineral Wells. I think it's just so that units further out that might not have good radio contact on VHF can possibly monitor? I don't really know but I've never heard a unit.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
It's pretty boring and it's only on the Johnson County simulcast site. I've never heard a unit and only DPS Mineral Wells. I think it's just so that units further out that might not have good radio contact on VHF can possibly monitor? I don't really know but I've never heard a unit.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

It appears it is a patch from the DPS talkgroup on Parker County P25, but no mobiles, just dispatch. I am also wondering if there is possibly a talkgroup for DPS tollways for the CTP troopers down near Cleburne that is a patch to the NCTCOG DPS talkgroup? I have not heard one yet, but that doesn't mean there is not one.

There are two talkgroups that are not in the database that sound like possibly EMS response channels (maybe EMS 1 and EMS 2??) between Johnson County Fire and AMR medics. I don't know the actual names as I have never heard that say "go to channel _", I am just assuming thats what their use it. Their ID's are 6552 and 6559. Anyone know their use or what the channel is actually called?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
6552 is "JCFD TAC 4", 6553 is "JCFD TAC 5". not sure about 6559.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I am seeing a new talkgroup that has been very active on the Johnson County site this evening. Talkgroup 7570.

It sounds like it may be a tac channel for one agency, but the database shows it listed as "Fire IO 11 future use". Are we sure this label and use is correct? I know Edgecliff Village worked a fire this afternoon, could this actually be their channel?

Also seeing 7569 as well tonight also on the JoCo site, unidentified agency, but shows "Law IO 11 future use" in the database.

Last edited:

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
They are IO channels. Crowley is using them due to radio problems.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Crowley PD has been using Law IO 11 today also due to power outages and tower problems from that. It wasn't too long ago when Crowley was in the clear.

Brian
COMMSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.