Forum banner ad SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

Is this clickbait or what ? Says $649 low price and a big pic of the SDS200, but if you click the link to bearcatwarehouse, it is $699 just like it has always been, and just like everywhere else.
I have the feeling the price must refer to the 100, if that is so, why the big pic of the 200, this is deceiving.

Xray

I could, I thought a deceiving advertisement might get the attention of admin, I guess not

Xray

Called them and the guy said their advertising is done by a 3rd party, has no idea whats going on and said most likely the price was meant for the 100.

Xray

Ok, they took the price down, at least someone is taking notice when things are pointed out to them

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Called them and the guy said their advertising is done by a 3rd party, has no idea whats going on and said most likely the price was meant for the 100.
And therein lies the problem. The business contracts advertising to an online agency that doesn't really know squat about the product; all they know is cool graphics and "sizzle" and SEO keywording and crap like that. They aren't going to catch a pricing error--the client business is going to have to do that for them. If they see the ad before it goes out.

The ad agency passes the ad to Google and various other online brokers, who use a variety of algorithms to put the ads in places where interested eyeballs will (hopefully) see them. The algorithms work most of the time, but they have zero common sense. And so you have fails like the one that started this thread, or these:

58984ab3720bf06533c33b6eb0263d1f.jpg

74b9Worst-ad-placement-25.jpg

And that's what you get when everything is done by third parties and artificial "intelligence".

Xray

Sheesh, and now the same deceiving price is right back up - But they did insert SDS100 in print and it wasn't there before, so I guess they figure they are covered ,,, But the big juicy pic of the 200 right next to the "$649 Uniden low price" remains. I'm actually ready to pull the trigger on one, have been for months [already installed a discone on my roof specifically to mate it up with a 200], and this is leaving me with a bad taste for bearcat warehouse. I know they enjoy a good rep and are a decent outfit but to me, this is nothing more than a cheap tease, clickbait and they know it - Even if they do argue that they really mean the 100, $649 is not a "low price", thats what everyone else and their grandmothers are charging.
00Untitled.jpg00Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
The ad is still running here. Same graphic same wording. Sorry, but when Bearcat Warehouse blames a 3rd party advertiser, I know that somebody at BW had to approve the ad in it's totality, and hopefully the folks at BW knows the difference between an SDS-100 and SD-200. They should also know that the use of click-bait is illegal and since they show just the SDS-200 for the price of $649, that's what they have to see a new unit for. Lets all call and get that price. Shame on you Bearcat Warehouse!

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
Unless you know for sure that BW has done it on purpose to deceive, if I were you I would retract your comment real fast. They are good people thereand if someone were to pick bones on advertising I would put it on the 3rd party. Third party people are the ones that don't know their finger from their *******. They are there to make a quick buck, only using whatever space on a website as little as possible workwise. I don't think it was done intentionally.

• Haha
Reactions: RRR

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
if I were you I would retract your comment real fast.
Bearcat Warehouse gave final approval before that ad was ever placed. They have been notified several times of the mis-leading nature. The ad was pulled for a couple of weeks in what the consumer saw as attempt to fix the ad. It was then put back up exactly as it always had been. I called yesterday and asked for the SDS200 that had the lower price. I was told that the add wasn't for the SDS-200, rather it was for the SDS-100. I told them that $649 was the going price for the 100, and that they should correct the ad. So here is a novel idea Mr.Longwire, How about BW correct their ad "real fast".

Reactions: wdz

K7MFC

WRAA720
Get an ad blocker browser extension like uBlock Origin and be done with it. I haven't seen an ad on my personal computer in a decade...

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Get an ad blocker browser extension like uBlock Origin and be done with it. I haven't seen an ad on my personal computer in a decade...
Like most Americans today, look the other way, or in this case, don't look at it at all, rather than do or just acknowledge what is right.

Xray

I have called and emailed about this, they hold firm on the poor excuse that its somehow out of their hands, some 3rd party outfit runs their ads and apparently they are helpless to intervene.

Though some may accept that excuse, I don't - We all know that that 3rd party works for them, and they will add or delete anything they are told to at the drop of a hat. They might be good guys to do business with, they may enjoy a good rep here but its getting a bit soiled over this, they need to step up and take responsibility for their own advertising and either put the correct price for a 200 or put a pic of the 100 instead with that price - We all know it would take all of 2 minutes to do if they were so inclined.

edit: By golly, it has finally changed. Props to them but it sure did take a little heat for them to make a move and do the right thing.

Attachments

• bwUntitled.jpg
    bwUntitled.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9

Xray

Shakespeare wrote a play about this thread: Much Ado About Nothing.

Have you thought about maybe not clicking on it to save you some grief ? Makes perfect sense, reply to a thread you think is about nothing, that way you'll get notified when anyone else replies, stroke of genius !

Status
Not open for further replies.