Forum Post Archive Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

Hi Admins,

I did a search on my post records and the results stopped at the latest 250 posts. Is there a search feature that I can use to determine the date of the "first" post that I made in the Forums?

Thanks,
Rob

bezking

Search -> Advanced Search
Type your username in the username field. Then, look under Search Options. Under "Sort Results By," leave the option box that says Posting Date, and change the sort order to in Ascending Order.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
One of these days I hope to acquire the mad quick, ninja like, forum posting skills Bezking has :D

rwier

Search -> Advanced Search
Type your username in the username field. Then, look under Search Options. Under "Sort Results By," leave the option box that says Posting Date, and change the sort order to in Ascending Order.

Well, I followed the directions above, and also made many other searches using the advanced search page. The results were not satisfactory.

I have been a Premium Subscriber constantly since Nov, 2006. The oldest post (of mine) that I could retrieve (using any of the various methods) was dated late January, 2011. This means that I am being forced to accept, or believe, that I just lurked for 5 years without posting. A low participation rate for that five year period is probable, but zero posts?

I would have more confidence in the Archive System if:

The Jan, 2011, post showed a lower number at the upper right (user info) instead of "posts: 796". That is a number that was correct sometime today. Obviuosly, back in early 2011 that number was not correct.

I'm looking for a way to go to "My Post #1", or to "My Post #100", etc.

Thanks
Rob

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Well I had two other ideas...

1 try going to "User CP" then down to "Subscriptions" This will list them in the order of last post to that was in the thread, so you'll have to fish around a bit.

2 Do a Google site search for your Username like this ( site:forums.radioreference.com rwier ) and then go through them. You could narrow it down more in the "advanced search features" based on your join date.

rwier

Using "A Year Ago" coupled with "And Older", I was able to gain a month to Christmas Eve, 2010.

Thanks
Rob

bezking

Interesting. I did nothing but change the order to Ascending as I posted above, and I was able to find the same post from December 2010 right at the top of the list.

rwier

Interesting. I did nothing but change the order to Ascending as I posted above, and I was able to find the same post from December 2010 right at the top of the list.

Ok, Thanks again. I guess it took me 5 years, and a Happy Christmas Eve, to get my nerve up, lol.

Rob

mciupa

Database Admin
try going to "User CP" then down to "Subscriptions" This will list them in the order of last post to that was in the thread, so you'll have to fish around a bit.

I gave this method a try and came up with 141 pages and 2818 posts with the earliest one from Aug. 7,2005. :eek:

I guess they flushed my other 1400+ between Nov.2002 to Aug.6, 2005. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.