Forums Software Upgraded to Version 3.7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Are the animated "Smilies" for use inside individual posts disabled on purpose or do they still need to be activated for this new version?

caffman263

Now it is.

Are the animated "Smilies" for use inside individual posts disabled on purpose or do they still need to be activated for this new version?

:lol::roll:

They're working on my computer, using Mac OS X (10.5.3) and Safari (3.1.1)

Will test under Windows in a minute and update

Edit: Ok, Windows 2000 through Parallels Desktop, and IE. Not showing up, just the red X in the little box.. odd.

Edit 2: and now they're not working on Safari.. wtf??

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
:lol::roll:

They're working on my computer, using Mac OS X (10.5.3) and Safari (3.1.1)

Will test under Windows in a minute and update

Edit: Ok, Windows 2000 through Parallels Desktop, and IE. Not showing up, just the red X in the little box.. odd.

Edit 2: and now they're not working on Safari.. wtf??
Yep! I'm running XP Pro with IE6 and all I have are the placeholders (little square w/red x).

Shortwavewave

Our Signatures cant be longer than 400 charaters?

NOT a problem (because lots of people dont like it for some reason) but when I went to edit my old one it would let me resave, I counted them it wasnt 400 charaters long...

Dubbin

Feed Provider
This is probably a behavior change in the new version of the forums software.

Hey Boss, is there any way to fix that issue? Also while you're at it would it be too much to ask to move the Forum Jump box under the page number box?

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,

I love the Rules and Etiquette right at the top of every forum. Is there any guidance on using the user created social groups? Would this be the place for members from a certain city to discuss their city or is this a type of IM area? I am just trying to understand how this is supposed to work.

LarryN

Hi, I am new member here, very glad to have found this forum. I have vB licenses and I am wondering where you found the "your Notifications" mod, thats shows when you have a Pm, among many other things. It is a very nice feature, that i would like to utilize on my forums. Thanks in advance, Guy.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Lindsay, I for one would like to say, "Thanks" this site only gets better by the day, the new changes here are great, keep up the good work.
Ken

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi, I am new member here, very glad to have found this forum. I have vB licenses and I am wondering where you found the "your Notifications" mod, thats shows when you have a Pm, among many other things. It is a very nice feature, that i would like to utilize on my forums. Thanks in advance, Guy.

Those are out of the box features of the software - I didn't implement any mods for notifications. It's a setting on your forums that you need to enable.

Warm regards,

Lindsay

qlajlu

Silent Key
Code Buttons and Clickable Smilies

The screen-shot shown in the attachment was taken from the file linked in the #1 post of this thread. Will the Code Buttons and Clickable Smilies, the icons around the window used for composing a post, be added at a later date or are they just not available to us?

Attachments

• thread-tags-newthread.png
    thread-tags-newthread.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 92

Dubbin

Feed Provider
And changing the posting time was high on the list... Nevermind, we can all just live with it.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Some are predefined settings, others are coding implementations.

When you become a software developer of a large software project, where dependencies, fixes, patches, release cycles, development, test, Q&A, and production environments are terms and things that mean something to you, oh yea, did I mention dependeices? Ah. did... anyway... when those become important item for you... let's chat..

Until then.. live with it... or be patient grasshoppa...

Thanks Dubbin,

-Lb

Status
Not open for further replies.