• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Found a Chinesium APX 8000 on ebay.

rescuecomm

With respect to what few agency guys actually post here.

What about you guys who buy the real used Motorolas, do you wear real Ray-Bans when you pose? Nobody carries an HT these days unless the job requires it. What do you with all that M bling? Closet whackers?

kato

Chinese APX, sounds like a lawsuit from Motorola. They sued Hytera for millions, but seems to be a stretch on collecting any money from the Chinese.

Last edited:

rescuecomm

Hytera has a lot of business in western Europe and the USA worth more than the radio business. As far as suing the Chinese companies, one might as well try to sue Vladimir Putin for the pain and suffering in Ukraine. The naming is a ploy to capture web browsing American's attentions. And it works.

rescuecomm

I was making the point that doing business in western countries requires one to respect the laws of copyrights. Hytera is based in Europe. The people marketing the Hamgeek are behind the bamboo curtain. If Taiwan is invaded, we may get a chance to change that. By we, I mean you and I going ashore with the young men. Do you have the guts for that?

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Yep, all with stolen IP from other companies who developed and patented them. but who cares right? Victimless crime. Well fortunately someone does. They are Right up there with Huawei.
OT but the Huawei tablet I have is the best device I ever owned.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
I was almost gonna take one for the team until I read somewhere that the thing won't recognize USB and there's no software to be found.
And besides, CCR's arewhere I'm at on the food/income chain. And I do like the looks.

Last edited:

Engine79-7

Feed Provider
So I bought this sort of as a gag, but just as an item to have as a side unit. Nevermind that, I obviously want it programmed like everything else, so where does one download this software? Seems too new to be on github et al.

TIA

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
It would appear there is knock offs, of the knock off which doesn't contain any sim slots but has components where it would go. I'm not surprised by the knock offs of a knock off.

It has its own version of mdc which is laughable and for this wondering cannot decode or encode mdc1200 or any lower variant of. It has its own version.

Battery is different obviously so no real batteries will not fit these unless the actual knock off can. But the hamgeek ones are pretty light and cheap as expected from a knock off.

Nathaniel232

I was on a video they said the hamgreek apx 8000 is made by Motorola it was a daul band radio that was supposed to sell for cheap but they thought it was a bad idea and kicked it to the curve and sold it off to some company and these is it. I actually brought one from eBay good radio love the audio

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I was on a video they said the hamgreek apx 8000 is made by Motorola it was a daul band radio that was supposed to sell for cheap but they thought it was a bad idea and kicked it to the curve and sold it off to some company and these is it. I actually brought one from eBay good radio love the audio

They already had a dual band APX model. I would take whatever video that is with a grain of salt.

rescuecomm

I found a site with a download link to the programming software in case anyone wants to have a look.

That's the PoC/UHF version. I presume it would need a SIM card to access cellular networks. As a guess, the Hamgeek version would have a different motherboard. It's another way to amortize the cost of the injection molding dies for the case halves.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
There is no way they'd make this. Now if they were going to they tossed idea all together and it would have had different firmware and software in the radio completely and would have been more like a actual apx with less ability.

I think that is just rumor as it would not make sense for them to waste time with it.

It's a junk honestly. The PL tone works minus the reverse burst doesn't and squelch is awful.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
And it just happens to have the exact frequency ranges as CCR's, including the FM broadcast band. What a coincidence.

And I think you mean "kicked it to the curb"...but I could be wrong.