Found a Kenwood RZ-1 locally at a yard sale. What are they worth now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
One of my neighbors is having a yard sale this weekend and as I got home yesterday they asked me if I wanted to take a look at what they have.

Well I found among their so called "Junk" a mint condition kenwood RZ-1.

RZ1_Front.jpg

I offered $10.00 for it and purchased it.

How much are these worth nowadays ??

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
Thanks for the info. Just checked ebay and seems to be in the mid $200's recently.

This unit is kinda cool, but don't really need it. We'll see whatta do with it.

CWR

I had one in the early 1990's and loved it. The only problem was , I run my scanners 24/7 , and the Display Lights kept burning-out on mine , and I kept having to send it back in to get em replaced.........

chgomonitor

Silent Key
Rz1

Be sure you run through every possible key combination. This is one of those radios with many, many functions which were not included in the manual. A very neat little set.

fineshot1

Last edited:
It looks like a (din) sized radio as in most vehicles radio place in the dash board..Try and see if this thing was to fit into a vehicles dash and use it as a radio also..Its a nice unit from what I hear..Good find for sure man, congrads!!

NyteOwl

Premium Subscriber
It does indeed fit a DIN sized dash opening. I had mine mounted in my Thunderbird for a year and it worked great. Nothing like listening to Deutsche Welle on the way to work, or the startled looks of the car next toyou a the stop lights as the Police, Fire or EMS channels break squelch :)

Great little radio, good find, fantastic price. I'll give you $100 ;)

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
Umm even tho this post is kinda old I wanted to update it.
I did get some pm's about selling this RZ-1 and was sold Last October for $225. :D

This scanner was nice, but not for what I use now a days with APCO25 so I ended up selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.